7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all. Any guidance is very much appreciated. 

I have some questions on the I134. I'm getting very close to scheduling K1 and K2 interviews. I am above the poverty level in terms of income. 

1. My employer uses CCC verify which provides employment verification listing my company, personal info, most recent hire date, employment status as full time/active, job title medical benefits, hourly rate, total yearly salary for each year I have worked there, as well as a snapshot of each pay period since I started working there 4 1/2 years ago. This form is not signed by anyone but does contain my company's logo. Question: Should there be any issue with using this in place of an employment verification letter requested in the instructions? I don't think I'll be able to get that from my HR. 

2. I also have a statement from my bank which contains the info required, date opened, amount deposited over last year and current balance. However, my bank's policy is they can only sign this if I go to a branch in person and the nearest branch is several states away. Question: Would there be any issue with this not being signed? 

3. I can pull my tax transcripts for the last several years. Would it be safe to say I'll need multiple years? 

4. Should I bring paystubs, W2s or any other documentation aside from these 3 items? 

5. Do I need all of this documentation since I am above poverty level? I've read some conflicting information on what evidence I may need in this situation. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

1. they may not accept it if it is not signed. technically anyone who works in payroll can sign it.

2. you can provide an unsigned one if it is on some sort of bank stationary (i.e has their logo), but again they may not include it in your proof. but you could still provide it.

3. you want at least 3 years of tax returns.

4. if you cant get a signature for the employment letter, multiple W2s from the previous years should be good. as well as several paystubs. I believe I provided 3 months of paystubs (6 total since i get paid bi-weekly).

5. yes you do. you need to show proof that the income you list on the I-134 is legal and accurate. for example, you cant say you make 200k per year without the documents to back that up.

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024!!!

Timeline

Manila typically does not even collect the I-134.  You still need to have it ready, but it likely won't even be asked for.

Your employment history document should be sufficient for employment verification.

Bank accounts are assets.  Since you are relying on income, no need for evidence of assets.

Most recent tax transcript or return is required.  Sending last 3 is typical and fine.

No harm in sending latest W-2, but not really required unless you are in the middle of doing taxes or sending a return instead of a transcript.  A few recent paystubs shows that you currently still have your job, so not a bad idea to send a few.

Personally, I sent no employment verification letter and no bank information.  My I-134 was not collected/reviewed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, J.M. said:

Manila typically does not even collect the I-134.  You still need to have it ready, but it likely won't even be asked for.

Your employment history document should be sufficient for employment verification.

Bank accounts are assets.  Since you are relying on income, no need for evidence of assets.

Most recent tax transcript or return is required.  Sending last 3 is typical and fine.

No harm in sending latest W-2, but not really required unless you are in the middle of doing taxes or sending a return instead of a transcript.  A few recent paystubs shows that you currently still have your job, so not a bad idea to send a few.

Personally, I sent no employment verification letter and no bank information.  My I-134 was not collected/reviewed.

Thank you very much for that information. It's extremely helpful. 

This is probably a basic question, but will we upload all the documents when we fill out the DS160? All of the civil docs and the financial docs or will those all be hand carried to the interview? I'm still waiting to gather a few items so I haven't started the DS160 yet. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MalloryCat said:

1. they may not accept it if it is not signed. technically anyone who works in payroll can sign it.

2. you can provide an unsigned one if it is on some sort of bank stationary (i.e has their logo), but again they may not include it in your proof. but you could still provide it.

3. you want at least 3 years of tax returns.

4. if you cant get a signature for the employment letter, multiple W2s from the previous years should be good. as well as several paystubs. I believe I provided 3 months of paystubs (6 total since i get paid bi-weekly).

5. yes you do. you need to show proof that the income you list on the I-134 is legal and accurate. for example, you cant say you make 200k per year without the documents to back that up.

Thank you. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Riley-Janice said:

will we upload all the documents when we fill out the DS160?

Everything will be hand carried.  Nothing will be uploaded except a passport style photo (as part of filling out the DS-160).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.