1,203 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Poupis said:

Thank you for the information. How do you get to speak to EMMA? Were you able to speak to a real person? Also, does going there helped you? What did they say once you got there?

I chatted and i was told on chat that tier 2 will call me. yes it really helped me move forward my case. 

Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of applying for VAWA dont have an attorney yet, and like many others who have applied, I'm feeling quite nervous about the sufficiency of the evidence I've gathered. Here's what I have:

1. A police report documenting the last incident, which was an elbow to my face I received that I has to go to the hospital.
  2. A medical report diagnosing "Assault and Domestic Violence of Adult."
  3. Screenshots of verbal abuse and manipulation when I expressed concerns about smoking due to my severe asthma.
  4. Evidence of her attempting to reach out to a deportation lawyer and threatening deportation when I wouldn't agree with hwe on something.
  5. Documentation of financial irresponsibility, evident in her failure to contribute to immigration attorney fees but purchasing a new car post-divorce.
  6. A photograph of physical assault resulting in a visible bite mark.
  7. Testimony from my mother regarding communication restrictions imposed by my ex.
  8. Knowledge of her criminal history, including prior imprisonment for providing alcohol to minors.
  9. Infidelity on two occasions.
  10. Instances of drug use, including weed and mushrooms, while under psychiatric medication.
  11. Her constantly threatening me with her two drug dealers when I told her to stop bringing them to our apartment complex, buying drugs and doing them for her own and also my safety.
  12. Financial control to the point that since I was not working and waiting for my papers, she would only buy her gluten free and dairy free stuff making me eat only what she wanted, resulting on me losing almost 19 pounds.

I returned to my home country for my physical and psychological well-being and have been undergoing psychological and psychiatric treatment to address the trauma l've experienced.

The diagnosis of severe PTSD and the need for antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication, despite no previous history, highlight the profound impact of my ordeal. It's been a challenging journey, but I remain hopeful that seeking justice through the VAWA law will provide closure.

Considering the extensive evidence I've gathered, I'm optimistic it meets the requirements for my VAWA application.

For anyone that has applied and gotten their

VAWA approved, so you think I have a chance V should I do it?

Thank vou sincerely!

-Alex

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Alex, welcome to the forum!

Your thread is being moved from the Off Topic forum to the "Effects of Major Family Changes" forum, where a big VAWA thread exists.  I'll merge your thread with that one.  There, you'll find others in your situation, and a lot of support.  :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Posted (edited)

It is Sunday -- time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================

THE NEW SCHOOL

An 11-year-old Jewish boy was failing Math in school.  His parents tried everything from tutors to hypnosis, but to no avail.  Finally, at the insistence of a family friend, they enrolled their son in a private Catholic school.

After the first day, the boy's parents were surprised when he walked in after school with a stern, focused, very determined expression on his face.  He went straight past them to his room and quietly closed the door.

For nearly 2 hours, he toiled away in his room, with math books strewn about his desk and the surrounding floor.  He emerged long enough to eat, and, after quickly cleaning his plate, went straight back to his room, closed the door, and worked feverishly at his studies until bedtime.

This pattern of behavior continued until it was time for the first quarter's report card.

The boy laid the unopened report card on the dinner table and went straight to his room.  Cautiously, his mother opened it.  To her amazement, she saw a large "A" for the subject of Math.

She and her husband rushed into their son's room, thrilled at his remarkable progress.

"Was it the nuns who did it?" the father asked.

"No," the boy said.

"Was it the one-to-one tutoring?  The peer-mentoring?"

"No."

"The textbooks?  The teachers?  The curriculum?"

"No," said the son.

"Then what was it?"

"Well, on that first day, when I walked in the front door and saw that guy nailed to the plus sign, I KNEW they meant business!"
:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 hours ago, Alexjki said:

Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of applying for VAWA dont have an attorney yet, and like many others who have applied, I'm feeling quite nervous about the sufficiency of the evidence I've gathered. Here's what I have:

1. A police report documenting the last incident, which was an elbow to my face I received that I has to go to the hospital.
  2. A medical report diagnosing "Assault and Domestic Violence of Adult."
  3. Screenshots of verbal abuse and manipulation when I expressed concerns about smoking due to my severe asthma.
  4. Evidence of her attempting to reach out to a deportation lawyer and threatening deportation when I wouldn't agree with hwe on something.
  5. Documentation of financial irresponsibility, evident in her failure to contribute to immigration attorney fees but purchasing a new car post-divorce.
  6. A photograph of physical assault resulting in a visible bite mark.
  7. Testimony from my mother regarding communication restrictions imposed by my ex.
  8. Knowledge of her criminal history, including prior imprisonment for providing alcohol to minors.
  9. Infidelity on two occasions.
  10. Instances of drug use, including weed and mushrooms, while under psychiatric medication.
  11. Her constantly threatening me with her two drug dealers when I told her to stop bringing them to our apartment complex, buying drugs and doing them for her own and also my safety.
  12. Financial control to the point that since I was not working and waiting for my papers, she would only buy her gluten free and dairy free stuff making me eat only what she wanted, resulting on me losing almost 19 pounds.

I returned to my home country for my physical and psychological well-being and have been undergoing psychological and psychiatric treatment to address the trauma l've experienced.

The diagnosis of severe PTSD and the need for antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication, despite no previous history, highlight the profound impact of my ordeal. It's been a challenging journey, but I remain hopeful that seeking justice through the VAWA law will provide closure.

Considering the extensive evidence I've gathered, I'm optimistic it meets the requirements for my VAWA application.

For anyone that has applied and gotten their

VAWA approved, so you think I have a chance V should I do it?

Thank vou sincerely!

-Alex

Hi Alex,

Welcome to community. I am sorry about what you have gone through. These are good evidence that you suffered abuse. question is do you have evidence to proof your marriage was bona fide marriage. As long you meet that requirement you can file for VAWA. I wish you best of luck!

On 2/20/2024 at 11:02 AM, Persica said:

Hey everybody,

Hope everyone is doing great. I have a situation I could use all your help with - I filed my 765 renewal on January 31st with the Vermont Service Center, I have not received the receipt notice yet. Called the USCIS customer care, and the information agent told me there's no new 765 case uploaded under my name in the system and I should send a letter to the Vermont Service Center. 

I'm planning on sending a letter along with another 765 package today. My EAD will expire at the end of May, and I'm getting a little nervous so wanted to ask for your advise if I can do anything to help the situation. 

I got delayed in filing the renewal due to my attorney and filed it in Jan as soon as they gave me a green light. Thank you

@Sandra G. @Demise @Rhema1

On 2/20/2024 at 11:10 AM, balo101 said:

Just give it 2 more weeks. Right now USCIS is taking 4 to 6 weeks to send the receipts. If you do not get it by the end of this month then reach out to your congress person. I would not send another renewal package. Back in 2021 my congress person helped me to get the receipt notices from USCIS after i waited 60 days. 

When did USCIS received your package? Did you send it on Jan 31st or did they receive on Jan 31? In either case it is very early to panic about the receipts. 

On 2/20/2024 at 11:31 AM, balo101 said:

You can write to Vermont but i think that would not make any difference. I have wrote them few times in the past which was waste of time. Just contact your congress person next month. You should be fine. 

Hey everybody! Still no updates, called the USCIS again and they said there is still nothing in the system. It's been 35 days since I mailed the renewal package. They asked me to send an email to the USCISmailbox but my understanding is they don't respond emails related to the filings mailed to Service centres.

What do you recommend? I'm extremely worried since my current EAD will be expiring at the end of May. 

Should I ask my Congressman to help? Will it help or should I send a letter to Vermont with another package? but does anyone who how can they reach out the Vermont Service centre since there's no way to get to them via email? How do others go about this?

Thank you for reading this and for your help. 

Edited by Persica

1 minute ago, Persica said:

Hey everybody! Still no updates, called the USCIS again and they said there is still nothing in the system. It's been 35 days since I mailed the renewal package. They asked me to send an email to the USCISmailbox but my understanding is they don't respond emails related to the filings mailed to Service centres.

What do you recommend? I'm extremely worried since my current EAD will be expiring at the end of May. 

Should I ask my Congressman to help? Will it help or should I send a letter to Vermont with another package? but does anyone who how can they reach out the Vermont Service centre since there's no way to get to them via email? How do others go about this?

Thank you for reading this and for your help. 

contact your congress person. Let them know your situation they should be able to get it for you. 

9 minutes ago, Persica said:

How do they reach out to the VSC without any email? Have you done this in the past? would appreciate some more information. Thank you

yes i have contacted them. I was in same situation once when i did not receive my receipt notices. They were able to get those for me. Just contact them and give them your A#.

21 minutes ago, balo101 said:

yes i have contacted them. I was in same situation once when i did not receive my receipt notices. They were able to get those for me. Just contact them and give them your A#.

Thank you. Is this only to get the 'physical copy' of the receipt notice? because my case is not even in the system - they did not have any receipt numbers for me. 

15 minutes ago, Persica said:

Thank you. Is this only to get the 'physical copy' of the receipt notice? because my case is not even in the system - they did not have any receipt numbers for me. 

i was in same situation as you. Once i sent the renewal package i did not get the anything from USCIS. Hence, i contacted my congress person to get me the receipt. 

Guys quick question vawa just approved last month. I485 hopefully they are still holding based on marriage back to Oct 2020 in Tampa office. When I talk w my lawyer, she says that it takes 6 months USCIS to do some internal work. Do you think it would help if I tell my lawyer to send email or call tampa field office and tell them that we got i360 approval fyi, would it help at all or I just have to wait at that point?

thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.