Rick732

Urgent Advice Needed…..Please…

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

so my I-751 has been pending since June 2020. Filed N-400 in May 2023. Had no response so far so I submitted FOIA request recently. 

Now just yesterday I received the notification that I have been scheduled for Interview in the first week of May 2024. My estimated FOIA request completion date is at the very end of April 2024. 

Now I’m concerned that my A-file might not be there when I go to my interview due to it being stuck at FOIA request. I have seen it happen to some people online, when appearing for their interview, being told that their file hadn’t made it yet.

Should I be concerned? If yes, is there anything I can do about it, such as canceling the FOIA request so my file can make it on time? The whole point of FOIA was to get something moving which looks like it did, so I don’t want to lose this chance of interview. Please advice…..

Thank you 

16 hours ago, Rick732 said:

Should I be concerned? If yes, is there anything I can do about it, such as canceling the FOIA request so my file can make it on time? The whole point of FOIA was to get something moving which looks like it did, so I don’t want to lose this chance of interview. Please advice…..

Is your 4 year old I-751 joint w spouse ? If so take your spouse to the interview and carry any new joint life evidence w you.

Are there potential red flags …are you living w spouse , separated ..
Leave the FOIA alone . ..and rest assured it was the N-400 that got you case unstuck. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Family said:

Is your 4 year old I-751 joint w spouse ? If so take your spouse to the interview and carry any new joint life evidence w you.

Are there potential red flags …are you living w spouse , separated ..
Leave the FOIA alone . ..and rest assured it was the N-400 that got you case unstuck. 

No red flags at all. It was joint. Happily living with spouse and our two kids.

My only concern is my file not making it to the field office before my interview. Hopefully it won’t be the case. 

Edited by Rick732

21 minutes ago, Rick732 said:

No red flags at all. It was joint. Happily living with spouse and our two kids.

My only concern is my file not making it to the field office before my interview. Hopefully it won’t be the case. 

In that case , I expect your ISO will be very sympathetic to the long delay and will help get you naturalized quickly. 
Even when files don’t make to field office in time for interview , a quick approval of I-751 follows. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.