Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,238 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, VadymD said:

What does the TAL stand for?

Technology Alert List
The Technology Alert List (TAL) is a list developed by the United States federal government of critical fields where it would like to limit the transfer of goods, technology, and sensitive information, with the goal of supporting nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction and nontransfer of U.S.-held technologies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, Superluminal said:

Hi All,

I think we may want to consider moving our tracker to read-only. There have been several cells which have been deleted / modified / moved which is braking some logged data. There are 75 people on the tracker + others who monitor and don't participate. There are several of us who have made changes, added columns, calculations, etc. I suggest a few of us manage the logger in a similar way Hawk Riders does for the IR1/CR1 group tracker. I am happy to take this on (if others agree), and anyone else who wants to help manage can DM me and we can create a group to managing the tracker.

If the overwhelming response is to keep this open to be modified by all, I'm okay with that too. Just trying to resolve the issues I keep seeing whenever I check the tracker.

Let me know what people think.

I agree with this, I put my data in yesterday, checked again today and someone broke the document again. I think it'll be easier if someone or a group of people are responsible for managing the log. Excel can be confusing if you're not sure how it works!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

I've almost got the new version of the tracker ready to go. I'll share the link sometime today and will also put it into the current tracker

7 hours ago, mariagomez said:

I noticed yesterday the details I entered in the Notes section of the spreadsheet are no longer there.  If this can be retrieved from a former version of the document it would be great. Otherwise I could provide again.  

Timeline

Hi All,

Here is the updated tracker sheet. Since its read-only I spent some time trying to figure out how to make it so people can still review the spreadsheet in their own way.

Please DM me with any changes or comments. I will post this on the current sheet so people know this is being phased out. 

I made a tough call on date without usernames (unknowns), people who don't have a DS-5535, and non-Montreal entries. I added a column called "Tracking Criteria Met" and put the people who don't meet the basic properties at the bottom. Nothing personal, just trying to make sure we are comparing apples and oranges.

As far as the notes go, I think they were not sorted in the original tracker when people were making changes. My guess is the are almost all wrong. Let me know how you want me to fix each entry (via direct message).

I'm also going to try and keep a changelog of major revisions to the tracker. We'll see how much time this takes make all the updates on my own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Hi All,

Here is the updated tracker sheet. Since its read-only I spent some time trying to figure out how to make it so people can still review the spreadsheet in their own way.

Please DM me with any changes or comments. I will post this on the current sheet so people know this is being phased out. 

I made a tough call on date without usernames (unknowns), people who don't have a DS-5535, and non-Montreal entries. I added a column called "Tracking Criteria Met" and put the people who don't meet the basic properties at the bottom. Nothing personal, just trying to make sure we are comparing apples and oranges.

As far as the notes go, I think they were not sorted in the original tracker when people were making changes. My guess is the are almost all wrong. Let me know how you want me to fix each entry (via direct message).

I'm also going to try and keep a changelog of major revisions to the tracker. We'll see how much time this takes make all the updates on my own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?usp=sharing

Great work. Thank you very much for streamlining the tracker.

Timeline

I have a question about a recent email inquiry experience. I sent an email to request the status and to confirm the receipt of our DS-5535 form. My previous email about receipt of the DS-5535 form got a template response but did not answer whether they have received the DS-5535 form or not. This time I got a more human response confirming the receipt of the DS-5535 form but then had the same template response about not being able to predict when the processing will be complete. However, this time my Case's Last Updated date did not change even after a response to my email. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Also, 7 months down...

1 hour ago, MTLaffectee said:

I have a question about a recent email inquiry experience. I sent an email to request the status and to confirm the receipt of our DS-5535 form. My previous email about receipt of the DS-5535 form got a template response but did not answer whether they have received the DS-5535 form or not. This time I got a more human response confirming the receipt of the DS-5535 form but then had the same template response about not being able to predict when the processing will be complete. However, this time my Case's Last Updated date did not change even after a response to my email. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Also, 7 months down...

My cast last updated date has never changed despite getting several replies from the consulate. Maybe because i applied for a non-immigrant visa

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MTLaffectee said:

We got our case date updated when we received a  human response 10 days after sending email to consulate back in Jan/Feb 2024. Will let you know about case date update this time if we receive a human response again for our recent query about status of processing after 6.5 months after interview.

Edited by Leo The Great

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. I am a DV2025 winner. First time poster on VJ. Case number is AS3XXX. Post in Montreal. Hoping to get an interview some time this year.

Single. No kids. A couple of B1B2 visas under my chargeability state then naturalized as a Canadian and also recently acquired NEXUS. Good travel history to the US under both citizenships, mostly one day visits by land. No criminal record. Promptly submitted DS-260.

It didn't take much research to find this thread. I truly believe that my profile is very straightforward but it seems like I may get the DS5535 no matter what because it seems like Montreal likes doing that. Looking at the tracker here, mostly IR-1/CR1, EB, and K1 cases. Not a single DV. But looking at the DV chart online, people still get put into AAP/221G/DS5535. Still don't understand how often yet for DV.

What are you thoughts? I am so discouraged to go through this. I wanted to share the news of me being selected with my friends and family but looking at the possibilities here, I am concerned I may miss it. What are the realistic chances of me being put into AP/DS5535?

Edited by EmmsW

1 hour ago, EmmsW said:

Hi everyone. I am a DV2025 winner. First time poster on VJ. Case number is AS3XXX. Post in Montreal. Hoping to get an interview some time this year.

Single. No kids. A couple of B1B2 visas under my chargeability state then naturalized as a Canadian and also recently acquired NEXUS. Good travel history to the US under both citizenships, mostly one day visits by land. No criminal record. Promptly submitted DS-260.

It didn't take much research to find this thread. I truly believe that my profile is very straightforward but it seems like I may get the DS5535 no matter what because it seems like Montreal likes doing that. Looking at the tracker here, mostly IR-1/CR1, EB, and K1 cases. Not a single DV. But looking at the DV chart online, people still get put into AAP/221G/DS5535. Still don't understand how often yet for DV.

What are you thoughts? I am so discouraged to go through this. I wanted to share the news of me being selected with my friends and family but looking at the possibilities here, I am concerned I may miss it. What are the realistic chances of me being put into AP/DS5535?

Read the post from @Adam RS regarding DV lottery visa and AP

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/787842-montreal-embassy-eb-2-interview-wait-time-part-2/page/134/#comments

6 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

That's honestly scary. It seems that based on the DV Charts by Xarthisius, there is a 50-60% chance I'll be placed in AP in Montreal. This is my biggest concern, getting cleared past the fiscal year. I pray to God I don't get placed into AP. I really hope I don't. I had B2 visas and NEXUS. I don't have a unique and extremely uncommon name (almost rare even).

Should I just prepare a WOM before hand? lol.

1 hour ago, EmmsW said:

That's honestly scary. It seems that based on the DV Charts by Xarthisius, there is a 50-60% chance I'll be placed in AP in Montreal. This is my biggest concern, getting cleared past the fiscal year. I pray to God I don't get placed into AP. I really hope I don't. I had B2 visas and NEXUS. I don't have a unique and extremely uncommon name (almost rare even).

Should I just prepare a WOM before hand? lol.

What citizenship did you use for the DV?  

45 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

What citizenship did you use for the DV?  

Syria. I was born there and that is my state of chargeability. I never lived there though. I declared both nationalities (Syria and Canada) on the DS-260. I used the Canadian passport as the main passport on the DS-260. I filled it very thoroughly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.