Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,220 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, yvesemma said:

hello all,

I have been in the DS5535 black hole for 17 months

I was requested passport and pictures from the consulate, but after login into my AIS account, I noticed the address had changed to 

100-1134 Rue Sainte-Catherine O, MONTRÉAL, QC Québec

H3B 1H4, CA

is that the new address where we send the docs?  It was in Sainte Catherine when I submitted additional documents last year. 

thanks 

We just sent to the 955 one. 

I suspect they added a new mail room, probably getting flooded with letters or things ramping up and they need the file space. 

Edited by Phil_K_IR1

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks, 

did you sent them recently?  I called AIS and they just told me to use the address showing in my account.  

Also is it normal that it doesn't generate a QR code and I have to pay out of pocket since its the second time they requesting docs?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, yvesemma said:

hello all,

I was requested passport and pictures from the consulate, but after login into my AIS account, I noticed the address had changed to 

H3B 1H4, CA

is that the new address where we send the docs?  It was in Sainte Catherine when I submitted additional documents last year. 

thanks 

Congrats!

Do you mind sharing some info for our tracker?

- DQ Date

- Interview Date

- Date they sent you the DS-5535

- Date you returned the DS-5535

- Date they asked you for your documents.

I am curious, did they not ask for another medical?

20 minutes ago, yvesemma said:

thanks, 

did you sent them recently?  I called AIS and they just told me to use the address showing in my account.  

Also is it normal that it doesn't generate a QR code and I have to pay out of pocket since its the second time they requesting docs?

Yeah we sent it today. Didn't realize address changed, but I assume they have mail forwarding set up anyway. 

And yeah the Canada post clerk told us we need a QR code or to pay, so just paid. I guess AIS hasn't updated with a QR code or something, oh well.

On 4/25/2024 at 3:56 PM, Leo The Great said:

Yes - It will speed up the processing of DS-5535 form. This mean less human intervention to decide most of the straight forward cases 

any idea when this will take into effect?

"with immigrant visa vetting to follow sometime in 2024" is kind of broad. Hopefully this will speed up the ds5355 processings.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Congrats!

Do you mind sharing some info for our tracker?

- DQ Date

- Interview Date

- Date they sent you the DS-5535

- Date you returned the DS-5535

- Date they asked you for your documents.

I am curious, did they not ask for another medical?

hello yes! They also requested medical, forgot to mention (it was sent directly tho) 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Yeah we sent it today. Didn't realize address changed, but I assume they have mail forwarding set up anyway. 

And yeah the Canada post clerk told us we need a QR code or to pay, so just paid. I guess AIS hasn't updated with a QR code or something, oh well.

got it, yes I was a bit hesitant to send it today because of the address change, and was not able to get a hold of the AIS people for a while.  this helps me thanks! 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, ak47 said:

When was your interview?

interview was march 2022,  got put in AP (they had kept passport).   

DS 5535 was requested july 2022 (requested passport back after reading everything here),

wow 4 month gap between interview date and ds5535? What was your status after interview?

37 minutes ago, yvesemma said:

DS 5535 was requested july 2022 (requested passport back after reading everything here),

1 hour ago, yvesemma said:

Looks like you have F-2A Visa category. Delay is due to change in priority date of your visa type or DS-5535 processing took long time. Someone mentioned in the forum that they were out of DS-5535 in 2023 but asked for passport this year because priority date was not current when cleared from DS-5535 so they had to wait one year for passport request.

Timeline
1 hour ago, dj222 said:

wow 4 month gap between interview date and ds5535? What was your status after interview?

status on CEAC was always refused, ive never seen AP (I only check like once a month so that I don't get depressed lol) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Leo The Great said:

Looks like you have F-2A Visa category. Delay is due to change in priority date of your visa type or DS-5535 processing took long time. Someone mentioned in the forum that they were out of DS-5535 in 2023 but asked for passport this year because priority date was not current when cleared from DS-5535 so they had to wait one year for passport request.

wow, yes im F2A, makes a bit more sense 

44 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

read latest blog on redeaglelaw. There is a hope

image.png.5ac19cc8cbfac7125d3f8068c64d4892.png

What inquiry is this reply responding to?

I wonder if we can just keep emailing whatever email is doing the work to see if we can bring more attention to this issue.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say.

7 hours ago, yvesemma said:

hello all,

H3B 1H4, CA

thanks 

Yvesemma would you mind putting your info in the sheet 🙏 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.