Azrael23

DS-160 Morocco (Casablanca Embassy)

4 posts in this topic

Hi I am confused at this for some reason, I hope someone could help explain it to me.  My fiancée is in Morocco , the  I-129F finally got approved in January, forwarded to the NVC. I got a letter 02/12 from NVC saying they are sending it to the embassy in Casablanca and gave a case number and that the embassy will contact us. I try and track the case and nothing shows up. I heard of the DS-160 when is that suppose to be filed? Do I do it now? Or wait until the embassy reaches out. Why can’t I track the case with the case number? It’s been over a month since that letter and nothing. 

Thank you for any help you can give me. 

You can file the DS-160 now. I was also confused about this, but my fiancée filled it and it gives a confirmation number, which she then entered when making her visa appointment after the embassy reached out I think. In her case the embassy reached out about 6 weeks after getting the notification from NVC, so hopefully it should be soon for you.

26 minutes ago, Maitremathieu said:

You can file the DS-160 now. I was also confused about this, but my fiancée filled it and it gives a confirmation number, which she then entered when making her visa appointment after the embassy reached out I think. In her case the embassy reached out about 6 weeks after getting the notification from NVC, so hopefully it should be soon for you.

Ok awesome, thank you! I will have her fill it then. Ok that would be awesome. It’s been a little over 4 weeks. I was able to track it now on CEAC, I didn’t know they put k-1 visas under immigrant so I was looking at non immigrant smh. 

Did you and your fiancée go through the Casablanca embassy to? For you how long after you two received the letter when the embassy reached out were you able to schedule the interview? It is like a month later? Thank you for the help. 

My fiancée is Colombian so we're going through the embassy in Bogotá. When the embassy first reached out it directed her to a page to make an appointment, but there were no appointments available. It took over a week of checking the site every day before an appointment opened up, which she made for May. I'm not sure how different your experience in Casablanca will be, but I hope things start moving soon for you and your fiancée. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.