JLA22

NVC Processing Stage, CEAC documents, interview appointments

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, creating this thread for all who's I-130 has been approved and moved on to NVC stage - to discuss specific questions, wait times being experienced etc

I started the application for my parents in March 2023, on March 8th 2024 I saw the approval document show up for both parents under the documents tab however I haven't received anything from NVC yet, and one parent says approved/closed and the other still shows pending/  months to decision even though the Approval letter shows under the documents tab, I believe there are delays to the status update and this should also show approved soon. 

My question is how long does it take for NVC to create the case and send the welcome letter after USCIS approval? what wait times is everyone experiencing for NVC to review and DQ the case/ ready to send to the consulate, once all documentation are submitted? it would be very helpful to share your experiences. Thanks! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JLA22 said:

Hi All, creating this thread for all who's I-130 has been approved and moved on to NVC stage - to discuss specific questions, wait times being experienced etc

I started the application for my parents in March 2023, on March 8th 2024 I saw the approval document show up for both parents under the documents tab however I haven't received anything from NVC yet, and one parent says approved/closed and the other still shows pending/  months to decision even though the Approval letter shows under the documents tab, I believe there are delays to the status update and this should also show approved soon. 

My question is how long does it take for NVC to create the case and send the welcome letter after USCIS approval? what wait times is everyone experiencing for NVC to review and DQ the case/ ready to send to the consulate, once all documentation are submitted? it would be very helpful to share your experiences. Thanks! 

We just got ours, like last week. Once the documents show up, it was just a couple days time. I just finished submitting the NVC documents, yesterday.

I’d just use the official processing times, they’re usually very accurate. It’s updated every Monday. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

17 hours ago, assila said:

We just got ours, like last week. Once the documents show up, it was just a couple days time. I just finished submitting the NVC documents, yesterday.

Do you mean you got your NVC welcome letter a couple of days after USCIS approved your case (approval document showed up in your USCIS account)? or is this after you got welcome letter, paid fees and then documents showed up for you to fill out on CEAC? 

11 hours ago, appleblossom said:

I’d just use the official processing times, they’re usually very accurate. It’s updated every Monday. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Thank you! I was also checking this link but I didnt know about it being updated once a week so good to know, and it says they are creating cases for cases as of Feb 15th today, so it looks like be 3 weeks behind, so I wonder if it would actually take another 3 weeks to receive the welcome letter. I'm trying to access timeline, for when I submit docs, they DQ at NVC and send to consulate and want to know a rough estimate of the month for when my parents get their interview appointment

38 minutes ago, JLA22 said:

Thank you! I was also checking this link but I didnt know about it being updated once a week so good to know, and it says they are creating cases for cases as of Feb 15th today, so it looks like be 3 weeks behind, so I wonder if it would actually take another 3 weeks to receive the welcome letter. I'm trying to access timeline, for when I submit docs, they DQ at NVC and send to consulate and want to know a rough estimate of the month for when my parents get their interview appointment

Yes, 3 weeks to create the case and send the WL. So maybe 4 weeks until you can send docs in (it can take a week for payment to clear), then only 10 days or so to get DQ'ed (assuming you've sent everything required of course). End of April for DQ perhaps?

After that it will very much depend on which consulate they'll be interviewing at - some consulates are only a couple of months from DQ to interview, others are a couple of years. 

Edited by appleblossom

On 3/11/2024 at 4:22 PM, appleblossom said:

Yes, 3 weeks to create the case and send the WL. So maybe 4 weeks until you can send docs in (it can take a week for payment to clear), then only 10 days or so to get DQ'ed (assuming you've sent everything required of course). End of April for DQ perhaps?

After that it will very much depend on which consulate they'll be interviewing at - some consulates are only a couple of months from DQ to interview, others are a couple of years. 

Thanks so much, this is very helpful! 

Is there anywhere online to check what the current timelines are at each consulate to for interviews? I have picked the Abu Dhabi consulate on the I-130 form, but I heard the NVC may change consulate depending on how busy the chosen consulate is at the time and if they can better distribute cases, they send to a less crowded consulate. Is this true at all? it might be specific to cases from Iran as there are no consulates in the country so any of the neighboring countries are an option - but I'm not sure.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.