Nate

my I-601 example letter, pls post on VJ.com!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I would like my example I-601 letter posted on VJ.com where it can help other people. I have tried multiple times to contact the VJ site so they would host it, to no avail. Here it is...

http://www.mediafire.com/?fkgwh9fjgx3

I would love if it could be posted on the Example Forms page here...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

We went through a lot for my wife to come to the US because she had previously overstayed a tourist visa. I think others going through the 601 waiver process could benefit greatly from our letter.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

think maybe you should post this in the waivers section

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Thanks. Sorry I posted in the wrong section! Thanks for moving it.

I would just like to get the VJ site admin's attention and have my letter made available on the examples page. It has been years since we got our waiver approved. Ever since I have wanted to put the letter where it may help others, yet after multiple emails over the past few years, it is still not easily available.

Edited by Nate

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
I would like my example I-601 letter posted on VJ.com where it can help other people. I have tried multiple times to contact the VJ site so they would host it, to no avail. Here it is...

We went through a lot for my wife to come to the US because she had previously overstayed a tourist visa. I think others going through the 601 waiver process could benefit greatly from our letter.

Thanks!

Could you tell us a little bit about your story ? When was this approved ? I only ask b/c we will need to file a waiver and I'm really nervous about them approving/denying it. My husband is in Bolivia, but the waiver will go thur Peru I believe.

Thanks much :blush:

Thanks!

Could you tell us a little bit about your story ? When was this approved ? I only ask b/c we will need to file a waiver and I'm really nervous about them approving/denying it. My husband is in Bolivia, but the waiver will go thur Peru I believe.

Thanks much :blush:

Sure. :) I am male and the USC. My wife visited the US on a tourist visa. I met her on a bus (public transportation), sat near her, asked her name, where she was from, etc. Luckily we both got off on the same stop and I summoned the balls to ask her if she wanted to get lunch. We dated for about 8 months. Meanwhile, her vis expired and she overstayed 7 months. We were young, I was 22 and she was 20. We weren't ready to be married, we felt like it was being forced by the visa status. She decided to go back to school for a year in Peru, her home country. She finished her year and we kept in touch. We filed for a K1 visa and were denied because she received a three year ban for the 7 month overstay. I visited Peru and we got married there. We filed for a K3 visa and a 601 waiver. I visited Peru a total of four times during the wait. It took 2.5 years from when she left the US, to when she came back to the US. She has been here since 2003 and we are having a great time! She is working and we just bought our first home. :)

It took something like a year and a half for the waiver and K3 visa to get approved. Make sure you spend a LOT of time on your waiver letter and accompaning proof. Take every minor non-emotional hardship and expand upon it as much as possible to highlight how much it affects you. Remember, NON-EMOTIONAL hardship. It isn't enough that you love your spouse and miss them. It has to negatively affect your life.

One thing I did was I visited a psychologist. I explained my situation and told her I was depressed. It turns out that the psychologist I randomly picked had moved to the UK to live with her husband, and they had a daughter. Her husband was killed in an accident and the UK forced her and her daughter to go back to the US. She was sympathetic to my cause and gave me "severe depression" when I probably deserved "light depression". I was very grateful! I sent the psychologist a basket of flowers with a thank you note after my wife reached the US. :)

Chances are extremely slim that this happens for you, but if you can convince a psychologist you are depressed from missing your spouse, then even a diagnosis of "light depression" will be a great aid to your case.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.