ddkm

Letter from Employer

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey Everyone

So im planning on visiting my SO in Arizona in October. I figure i will probably need a letter from my employer stating my holiday leave and that im expected back to work. The thing is, my employer doesnt know of my plans to move to USA in the new year because i wouldnt have been hired if they knew that basically. Is there any way around this, to ask for a letter that states my holiday leave and when i will be expected back at work?

Thanks! :thumbs:

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Hey Everyone

So im planning on visiting my SO in Arizona in October. I figure i will probably need a letter from my employer stating my holiday leave and that im expected back to work. The thing is, my employer doesnt know of my plans to move to USA in the new year because i wouldnt have been hired if they knew that basically. Is there any way around this, to ask for a letter that states my holiday leave and when i will be expected back at work?

I just said that as I was travelling alone, I was worried about them not letting me in after reading horror stories on the 'net. They gave me one without a problem.

Real love stories never have endings...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Hey Everyone

I just said that as I was travelling alone, I was worried about them not letting me in after reading horror stories on the 'net. They gave me one without a problem.

Its only in case of the worst case, most people have no issues to start with, I had a trip to Seconday and got in without it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I used to say when asked the purpose of my visit, vacation to visit with friends. Remember to answer truthfully but don't answer questions that haven't been asked.

As to proof of ties to the UK if asked, your mortgage or house rental payments and payslips. In fact I never carried anything and was never asked.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

There's always the chance that you may appear on some computer system as you are in the immigration process.. (or is it me that is paranoid?!) Saying that I've travelled to the US on visa waiver with no problems or hassle during my I-129F process.

However, I was advised by an immigration lawyer in the US to carry a copy of my employment contract with me. Obviously it will need to show either that you're on fixed term or permanent contract (thus indicating a strong tie to the UK). Be careful with paperwork though - it is generally a bad idea to be carrying a resume or the like with you, as it can be construed as evidence of intent to stay if they want to screw around with you.

Perhaps if you'd rather not carry your contract around you could say to your employer that you need a letter stating permenancy of employment for a credit agreement or something like that? I've had to ask my employer for financial references before.

To be honest, though, my fiancee has had more hassle from UK immigration than I've ever had from the US chaps, and we usually let pretty much anyone walk in.

Edited by Rubycon

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

Its only in case of the worst case, most people have no issues to start with, I had a trip to Seconday and got in without it.

That is indeed true. The first two times, they just asked purpose of visit... but the third time, they took me out back and questioned me further before they let me through. I guess that's more to do with it being my third visit in as many months :lol:

That said, I personally would rather have been prepared for the worst case and not need anything than need something and not have it.

Real love stories never have endings...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.