4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have tried to look for forums that discuss the N-400 application process in NYC and can't seem to find any recent 2023/2024 information. I created this topic to hopefully

hear from those that have filed through the NYC field office in 2023 and 2024 and their timeline or experience with the overall process. 

At the moment, my husband is pending his N-400 Interview (to be scheduled). 

He filed online and submitted the N-400 Application on 10/20/2023.

The case status online is currently pending since 10/26/23, with an approx. processing time of 3 months* (I know this estimation isn't always accurate).

We are anxiously waiting for the status to change to" Interview scheduled". 

We are trying to be patient, but in the meantime would love to hear from those that have filed and how long it took to get an interview (specifically at the NYC office).

Any questions, thoughts or comments are appreciated and welcomed ❤️ 

Screenshot2024-02-08131320.thumb.png.721a7ba94d5d6748c86d7a182d76751e.png

Hi ! I filed the last day of September 2023, so I consider myself under October filers, also from New York, unfortunately haven't heard back yet and was looking for some other New Yorkers as well to see if it's a NYC thing.

I was filing under the 3 years rule, idk if your spouse is under 3 or 5 years, hoping to get an update soon, I try not to stress as in the other threads people seem to be getting their appointments, right now my status say "Estimated time* until case decision:  Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action." 😕 😢 

6 hours ago, J&E- said:

Hi ! I filed the last day of September 2023, so I consider myself under October filers, also from New York, unfortunately haven't heard back yet and was looking for some other New Yorkers as well to see if it's a NYC thing.

I was filing under the 3 years rule, idk if your spouse is under 3 or 5 years, hoping to get an update soon, I try not to stress as in the other threads people seem to be getting their appointments, right now my status say "Estimated time* until case decision:  Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action." 😕 😢 

Hi there!  Thank you for sharing. My husband filed under 5yr rule.  He’s been in the U.S for over 10yrs. He’s just now applying for citizenship lol. Idk what made him wait so long. Nevertheless, I’m not sure why some are being processed faster than others.  I’m hopeful that we’ll hear back very soon.  

Question: did you file with any criminal record, violations, unpaid traffic tickets, unpaid taxes etc?  Asking because I noticed that the people that filed with these things are taking longer to process. 

if you don’t mind, keep me updated on your status.  I’ll let you know how it goes for my husband. And have faith! I’m sure we’ll hear back soon enough. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 1:54 AM, Ggome001 said:

Hi there!  Thank you for sharing. My husband filed under 5yr rule.  He’s been in the U.S for over 10yrs. He’s just now applying for citizenship lol. Idk what made him wait so long. Nevertheless, I’m not sure why some are being processed faster than others.  I’m hopeful that we’ll hear back very soon.  

Question: did you file with any criminal record, violations, unpaid traffic tickets, unpaid taxes etc?  Asking because I noticed that the people that filed with these things are taking longer to process. 

if you don’t mind, keep me updated on your status.  I’ll let you know how it goes for my husband. And have faith! I’m sure we’ll hear back soon enough. :)

Hi ! nope, nothing outstanding :( boring here lol no news yet 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.