kman198

Covid vaccine requirements for k-2

7 posts in this topic

So my fiance has a daughter, we don't have an issue with any other vaccine except the covid. her and I have both been jabbed unfortunately, her daughter has not. 
Is there any way to get around covid requirements? Her daughter is 8 and lives in the remote parts of the Philippines.
We were going to have her come with her,  but after doing some research, it looks like she would be required to get the covid vaccine during medical, her mother will not allow that. 
Is there any other option? 

11 hours ago, kman198 said:

So my fiance has a daughter, we don't have an issue with any other vaccine except the covid. her and I have both been jabbed unfortunately, her daughter has not. 
Is there any way to get around covid requirements? Her daughter is 8 and lives in the remote parts of the Philippines.
We were going to have her come with her,  but after doing some research, it looks like she would be required to get the covid vaccine during medical, her mother will not allow that. 
Is there any other option? 

There's a waiver, adds about a year to the process I believe. Has she had other childhood vaccines though?

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements

12 minutes ago, kman198 said:

I really don't know. At this point it doesn't look like she will be coming.

There's a whole section of the forum for info on waivers, I'd have a look there, but my understanding is that if you're going to claim a waiver for vaccines you don't have a great case if she's been given others. 

You've said fiancé so what stage is your application at? Do you have time to get your stepdaughter a waiver?

Edited by appleblossom

Just now, appleblossom said:

There's a whole section of the forum for info on waivers, I'd have a look there, but my understanding is that if you're going to claim a waiver for vaccines you don't have a great case if she's been given others. 

You've said fiancé so what stage is your application at? Would your step-daughter be getting a K2 or will you be sponsoring her once your wife is a LPR? 

Well, I'm not for sure exactly what vaccines she's had, they do it differently there. Her mother has been taking care of her daughter for the last 5 years while she was working. 
Yeah, that's my concern, if she has some vaccines, they won't accept the waiver. I'm going to say that I'm sure she has had some vaccines. 
We were originally going to do k2, but now nothing at all because her mother doesn't want her to get the covid jab.

We just got our welcome letter from NVC 2 days ago.

1 minute ago, kman198 said:

Well, I'm not for sure exactly what vaccines she's had, they do it differently there. Her mother has been taking care of her daughter for the last 5 years while she was working. 
Yeah, that's my concern, if she has some vaccines, they won't accept the waiver. I'm going to say that I'm sure she has had some vaccines. 
We were originally going to do k2, but now nothing at all because her mother doesn't want her to get the covid jab.

We just got our welcome letter from NVC 2 days ago.

Yeah, just spotted the thread title and realised that was the plan. Maybe her mother will change her mind on the Covid jab when she realises her daughter will have to be left behind if she doesn't have it. 

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.