Hex123

Timeline from DQ to Obtain Interview Date at Cambodia Embassy - Seeking Advice

28 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with the duration between DQ and receiving an interview date at the Cambodia Embassy? My DQ date was November 7 2023, and now (January 25 2024) I have yet to receive any information regarding my interview date. Can anyone share their timeline in Cambodia or suggest any actions I can take to expedite the process or obtain more information? I've reached out to both the NVC and the embassy, but they only advise me to wait. The case is currently at NVC. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I'm also waiting on the Cambodian embassy. Have you, by chance, seen the document with currently scheduled interviews here? https://kh.usembassy.gov/interview-schedule/

I've been tracking it for a few weeks and it looks like they're going somewhat sequentially by case number, just based on my observations week over week. Would you be willing to share if your case number falls within the range of already scheduled interviews (and was maybe skipped over) or if it hasn't come up yet?

The reason I ask is because my case number starts with 2023854... and just today they updated this list (even though it says 1/29, which hasn't even arrived yet) and are up to 2023853... so I'm hoping my time is coming up soon.

Edited by bck86

6 hours ago, bck86 said:

Sorry for the double post, but I'll also add that when I started looking at the interview list... which I now realize was since 1/15, not a few weeks ago... they were on case numbers 2023818

Yes thanks for the advice. I did check the interview scheduled in the embassy webpage but my case number is 202362 which is already pass. I don't know if this is normal or I should be concerned. If you can update us about your case once it's pass your case number I would be appreciated. 

Timeline
On 1/26/2024 at 7:44 PM, Hab304 said:

Yes thanks for the advice. I did check the interview scheduled in the embassy webpage but my case number is 202362 which is already pass. I don't know if this is normal or I should be concerned. If you can update us about your case once it's pass your case number I would be appreciated. 

Ah, that’s a bummer. Thanks for the info. If I were in your position, I would submit a question to the Embassy to inquire about current wait times specifically for your visa type.

https://kh.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visas-family-based-immigration/questions/

I’ll be sure to update here when I hear something. Hoping for good news for both of us soon. 🤞🏼

6 hours ago, bck86 said:

Ah, that’s a bummer. Thanks for the info. If I were in your position, I would submit a question to the Embassy to inquire about current wait times specifically for your visa type.

https://kh.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visas-family-based-immigration/questions/

I’ll be sure to update here when I hear something. Hoping for good news for both of us soon. 🤞🏼

Ah that's a great idea why I haven't think of it sooner. I will contact them and hopefully get some info. Thank you for the useful information. I hope we receive good news soon.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dataunavailable said:

DQ since Oct 16th 2023, nothing yet. I did send the embassy an email to see if they have a timeframe. 

I see, thank you for the information. I send a query asking for a timeline as well but I got no response from the embassy. Hope we all get the interview soon.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Hab304 said:

I see, thank you for the information. I send a query asking for a timeline as well but I got no response from the embassy. Hope we all get the interview soon.

I got a response, it just said the embassy does not have the current petition and to contact NVC through the public inquiry form.

19 hours ago, Dataunavailable said:

I got a response, it just said the embassy does not have the current petition and to contact NVC through the public inquiry form.

Based on the information I found online, it look like our case is currently at the NVC. We can only wait for further updates and progress. hopefully soon.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Dataunavailable said:

Did you do that, and if so, what was the response?

The interview schedule updated again this morning and they have officially passed my number so my hope that they’re going somewhat in order is once again dashed. 

Timeline
On 2/9/2024 at 8:48 AM, bck86 said:

Did you do that, and if so, what was the response?

The interview schedule updated again this morning and they have officially passed my number so my hope that they’re going somewhat in order is once again dashed. 

They said they don't have the petition and to contact NVC through the public inquiry. I had my congressmans office send an inquiry to NVC, waiting on that response now. 

I think they are extremely backed up with B1s and 2s, they've been approving around 900-1000 for the last few months now. I don't know where the CR1/IR1s sit in the order of things.

It's fine I guess, since at this point my wife will be IR1 upon entry to the U.S so we won't need to mess with the 751 and just get the 10 year right away. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Dataunavailable said:

They said they don't have the petition and to contact NVC through the public inquiry. I had my congressmans office send an inquiry to NVC, waiting on that response now. 

I think they are extremely backed up with B1s and 2s, they've been approving around 900-1000 for the last few months now. I don't know where the CR1/IR1s sit in the order of things.

It's fine I guess, since at this point my wife will be IR1 upon entry to the U.S so we won't need to mess with the 751 and just get the 10 year right away. 

Sorry, I meant what was the response from NVC but it sounds like no response yet.

There’s a silver lining for you! My husband and I won’t hit 2 years until Jan 2025. If this ends up taking until we qualify for IR1 then it will have taken way too long, so we’re kinda lose-lose either way in that regard, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/11/2024 at 11:22 AM, bck86 said:

Sorry, I meant what was the response from NVC but it sounds like no response yet.

There’s a silver lining for you! My husband and I won’t hit 2 years until Jan 2025. If this ends up taking until we qualify for IR1 then it will have taken way too long, so we’re kinda lose-lose either way in that regard, haha.

Still nothing, according to a few in a Facebook message group, some are waiting over 5 months now since DQ. 

1 minute ago, Dataunavailable said:

Still nothing, according to a few in a Facebook message group, some are waiting over 5 months now since DQ. 

Why are they taking so long? Is it because they have so many case? I tried contact NVC and they just said to wait. Embassy told to contact NVC as well because they didn't receive the case yet. I ask a few other places and one person told me the embassy got cases DQ on October now, but I take that with a grain of salt. Really hope it's true though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.