Tesco

Summery Care Record & NHS App

6 posts in this topic

Ideally, we'd want to print the Summery Care Record from Patient Access for the medical appointment. Although access is not there right now for the full summery and vaccination record, a phone call/email to the GP practice should suffice with subsequent access then granted to the summery care record. This would mean that we can print the 'live' record close to the medical appointment date rather then asking the GP practice for a print out once we have the appointment, (with possible delays, or the timing out of the SCR if we picked a GP request date that is too early to the medical date). 

I'd be interested to learn who has just printed their own record like this. Also, can you print from the NHS App? I'm unable to see any method of doing so on the app, so perhaps it must be from the patient access site?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tesco said:

Ideally, we'd want to print the Summery Care Record from Patient Access for the medical appointment. Although access is not there right now for the full summery and vaccination record, a phone call/email to the GP practice should suffice with subsequent access then granted to the summery care record. This would mean that we can print the 'live' record close to the medical appointment date rather then asking the GP practice for a print out once we have the appointment, (with possible delays, or the timing out of the SCR if we picked a GP request date that is too early to the medical date). 

I'd be interested to learn who has just printed their own record like this. Also, can you print from the NHS App? I'm unable to see any method of doing so on the app, so perhaps it must be from the patient access site?

Thanks

Summary Care Record I mean!

I had a summary care record but it was pretty rubbish, had info on it from 20 yrs ago as though it was current and ongoing. I just printed off a years record from the local health centre record patient access site. I also printed off a consultant letter that better explained why I was on certain medication. It was all fine. My wife’s was better but again we just printed off some relevant points from the patient access site which fleshed out certain things. That was last week.
The receptionist at our gp practice printed out the summary at a moments notice but couldn’t get mine changed to be more up to date or relevant. I spoke to the visa medicals and they just said bring it anyway, I said shall I print off some extra info and they said that was fine. 

8 hours ago, Raventor said:

I had a summary care record but it was pretty rubbish, had info on it from 20 yrs ago as though it was current and ongoing. I just printed off a years record from the local health centre record patient access site. I also printed off a consultant letter that better explained why I was on certain medication. It was all fine. My wife’s was better but again we just printed off some relevant points from the patient access site which fleshed out certain things. That was last week.
The receptionist at our gp practice printed out the summary at a moments notice but couldn’t get mine changed to be more up to date or relevant. I spoke to the visa medicals and they just said bring it anyway, I said shall I print off some extra info and they said that was fine. 

We are yet to book our medical appointment but have just got the summary care records from the GP. Like you, we also have info from years ago listed as if it's ongoing - for example, my 14-year old son suffered from acid reflux as a baby and that's still listed as an ongoing condition! 
I haven't done anything to get that updated as 1) it's such a pain to request anything from our GP and 2) I'm kind of assuming that visa medicals have the common sense to not worry about this... but should I at least try and get it updated? 

The dr I saw there was very kind and used her common sense. I showed her a couple of entries from the downloaded record just to support what I had told her. I couldn’t get anything changed on mine, apparently it has to be done at a higher level than the drs in the practice. 

I just made sure that the only issue I have, that has long term medication, was covered and explanatory so she didn’t have to ask for more information to be got.  

extra info...

I had no real vaccinations on it either, so just took the vax paperwork from the travel clinics I had used prior and they were fine. I had asked for my paper records to be found and then childhood vax put on but they couldn't do that either. I gave up at that point and just hoped that common sense and the reality that this is probably something they come across a fair bit. The only thing I had to do was have another polio as its apparently on the rise  the UK and another tetanus as I couldn't show three for USA needs. I had only two showing, one from '83 ns one from a couple of years ago. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.