WindForcePro

Question for I130 receipt access code and Concurrently Filing I130/I485

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, 

I have two different cases.

case 1, I-130 case  doesn't have an access code to link to myUSCIS

I filed I-130 for my mother who lived outside of US via mail on 11/23/23, I received I-797 on 12/01/23. When I try to link the case number to my USCIS account it says it belongs to a different USCIS account, then I try to link it with my mom's account, and it asks for an access code, but that I-797 doesn't have one. I spoke with a USCIS agent on 12/15/23, she said the case is not showing up in her system and asked me to wait 30 days after 12/01/23. Now on 01/03/23, it says the case is actively being reviewed, but it still requires an access code to link to my mom's account. I wonder does anyone has such experience?

case 2, no digital receipt notice for 20 days after USCIS received the filing package

I mailed concurrent I130, I485, I131 packages for my father to the Chicago office on 12/14 via USPS, it shows delivered on 12/17. I included G-1145 form, but I haven't received the case acceptance notice till now (01/05). Although it is the end of the year with lots of holidays I wonder if such a long wait time is normal for concurrent filing. And if it still doesn't make any progress what should be the next step?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by WindForcePro

1 hour ago, WindForcePro said:

When I try to link the case number to my USCIS account it says it belongs to a different USCIS account, then I try to link it with my mom's account, and it asks for an access code, but that I-797 doesn't have one. I spoke with a USCIS agent on 12/15/23, she said the case is not showing up in her system and asked me to wait 30 days after 12/01/23. Now on 01/03/23, it says the case is actively being reviewed, but it still requires an access code to link to my mom's account. I wonder does anyone has such experience?

I-130 belongs to you as a petitioner, so should be added under your account.  Access code arrives by mail, separately to case receipt I-797

Edited by OldUser

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 1/6/2024 at 3:39 AM, OldUser said:

G-1145 sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Was the check cashed?

Hi, luckily there is an update in my case, provide some data points. 

I get the G-1145 text on 1/10 for I-130, I-485 and I-131. I received the I797 today and it indicates the cases were received by USCIS on 12/15. So it takes them that long to generate the I-797

Also, for whatever reason I mailed out my package on 12/13, USPS says it was delivered on 12/17 (which is Sunday and it doesn't make sense), while USCIS says they received the case on 12/15.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:41 AM, OldUser said:

I-130 belongs to you as a petitioner, so should be added under your account.  Access code arrives by mail, separately to case receipt I-797

You are right. My case story is on 1/3/24 I checked on the USCIS website says my case changed from received to actively reviewed by USCIS, then on 1/10 I received the access code, and it was generated on 1/3/24.

However, I think USCIS made a mistake that I-130 case is linked to the beneficial online account instead of the petitioner. Anyway, I plan to use mail to submit further. I assume the wrong online account linkage is not an issue.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.