L1123

I485 Suplement A Rejected

2 posts in this topic

Hi

Happy holidays 

Wish you best and thank for helping

We call and explained the agent we want to adjust status as my father was on 245i but case was close, no longer has the documents 20yr ago

I-130 was arpoved 

Agent said is ok send a copy i-130 and just fill only suplement A

Was rejected numbera dont match we imagine because we left the box number empty 

explaining why

We dont have receipt nunbers for that time the foia uscis sent only shows part but receipt nunbers if any are hide

We explained all that agent said is ok they would know that you are sending this and k ow what to do

We sent to illinois 

Did we need it to send it somewhere else? As agent said they would know

Or just agent liying?

What steps to do?

Thanks

20231221_112853.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to AOS from Work/Student/Tourist Visas forum -- topic is about AOS of parent ***

On 12/21/2023 at 10:53 AM, L1123 said:

What steps to do?

The letter states what was wrong with the I-485A submission.  I-485A needs to be submitted with or after an I-485.  This is also clearly stated on page 1 of the I-485A form instructions -- https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-485supainstr.pdf

You cannot adjust status based on filing Supplement A alone. You must also file Form I-485 and be eligible for a visa under a family-based, employment-based, special immigrant, or Diversity Visa immigrant category. Supplement A and Form I-485 are used to determine whether you qualify for INA section 245(i) adjustment.

Who May File to Adjust Status Under INA Section 245(i) Using Supplement A?

Use Supplement A if you are applying to adjust status under INA section 245(i). You may file Supplement A when:
1. You are filing your Form I-485 at the same time; or
2. You previously filed your Form I-485 and it remains pending.

Edited by Chancy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.