9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Can you recommend this service?

Are they really helpful??

It is anonymous????

It depends, of course, on the individual case and what your expectations are. We wanted an I-551 stamp in her passport and that is what we got.

Of course it's not anonymous. How could it be?

Yes, I recommend it from our own experience and the experiences of many others who have posted here.

Edited by jsassman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I found Infopass really helpful in our process. It is not anonymous, and neither is the USCIS (mis) information line. When I called up there all freaked out with a - ahem - "hypothetical situation" - ahem - they transferred me to an Immigration Officer and the first thing she asked me was "what is your name?".

But I only went to them with a question after I had researched it, asked about it on VJ, and had some idea of what the possible answers might be, and what NOT to ask.

Best wishes,

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Timeline
Can you recommend this service?

Are they really helpful??

It is anonymous????

Why would you even be interested in the anonymity of the appointment? You passed the AOS interview, and received your PR. Presumably any issue related to the entry on a tourist visa was moot then. Is there something in your case, other than the failure to file the AR-11 on time, that gives cause for some concern?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Why would you even be interested in the anonymity of the appointment? You passed the AOS interview, and received your PR. Presumably any issue related to the entry on a tourist visa was moot then. Is there something in your case, other than the failure to file the AR-11 on time, that gives cause for some concern?

Frankly, I don’t know what kind of service they offer. If it’s just technical problems then it’s no good for me. I have a problem and I need to know what my options are.

The problem is that although we are still married my wife left me 4-5 months ago and I’m 3 months before applying for the removal.

Compared to others evidence, there is no way I’ll have the removal without an interview. (I hope the 1 year extension is mandatory).

All I have is lease, utilities, joint checking / saving account which right now I’m the only one using it. My DL is on our previous address. Also there is a a very slight chance she will show up for an interview.

I can’t file for divorce because it takes minimum 6 months and my condition ends at the same time.

I spoke with a lawyer and he wants $250 for an appointment. I guess there are lawyers who work for less but before I’ll start with one of them I would like to gather as much info as possible.

I’ would appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks,

Yoji

Frankly, I don't know what kind of service they offer. If it's just technical problems then it's no good for me. I have a problem and I need to know what my options are.

The problem is that although we are still married my wife left me 4-5 months ago and I'm 3 months before applying for the removal.

Compared to others evidence, there is no way I'll have the removal without an interview. (I hope the 1 year extension is mandatory).

All I have is lease, utilities, joint checking / saving account which right now I'm the only one using it. My DL is on our previous address. Also there is a a very slight chance she will show up for an interview.

I can't file for divorce because it takes minimum 6 months and my condition ends at the same time.

I spoke with a lawyer and he wants $250 for an appointment. I guess there are lawyers who work for less but before I'll start with one of them I would like to gather as much info as possible.

I' would appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks,

Yoji

Help me to understand the timing. So your USC wife left approximately one month after you received your conditional green card?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Yoji,

In my opinion, you shoul talk to an attorney, not infopass "misrepresentatives" about your situation. First of all, you might get back with your wife (you never know), and the words about your problems spreads the USCIS very quickly (I was stupid enought to share my fear of the interview to a security guy who was very freindly with me all the time, next thing I saw he went to the back offices, and I got interview from the hell and wait for several years. I was married for real, and didn`t think that something bad could happen, but...)

Another thing, they just couldn`t know/tell you what will be best for you, they tell you what`s written on the web, while a good attorney will find a legal way for your benefit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.