KateIdewo

Question about applying for CDC dog permit with K1 applicant as permit holder

2 posts in this topic

My fiancé is a K1 visa applicant. We own a dog in his home country (Uganda) and plan to bring the dog to the US. As this is a “high-risk” rabies country, there are extensive requirements which include applying for a dog permit through the CDC. 
We would like my fiancé to bring the dog with him this Spring as the permit holder. I will not be traveling with him though I will be the applicant for the permit and am listed as the owner on the paperwork. What we cannot figure out is if he needs to have the K visa before we apply or if we can apply while we wait for his interview (the permit has a 90 day validity). For various reasons, we would like for him to come to the US as soon as possible after he has his visa and would rather not have to wait for the dog’s permit to be approved. Has anyone done this recently that can confirm whether or not the visa is required for the CDC dog permit application?

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.