Nelly_M

I-751 Evidence (Split)

50 posts in this topic

My parents wanted to write us an affidavit letter of support. I wanted to know if we can have one letter from both of them or should each write a letter individually? Also, since their English is very limited, would it make more sense if they would write it in their native language and then have it translated? 

5 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

My parents wanted to write us an affidavit letter of support. I wanted to know if we can have one letter from both of them or should each write a letter individually? Also, since their English is very limited, would it make more sense if they would write it in their native language and then have it translated? 

I wouldn't get too hung up on affidavits. They are basically the lowest form of evidence, sure they don't hurt...but they don't carry much weight. 

38 minutes ago, TeddyFazBear said:

I wouldn't get too hung up on affidavits. They are basically the lowest form of evidence, sure they don't hurt...but they don't carry much weight. 

I know they do not hold a lot of weight comparing to the other types of evidence, but I still wanted to include them just in case. 

6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Nelly_M do you and your spouse have IDs / DLs with matching address?

Yes. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

When it comes to fees, is it still ok to send one check combining filing and biometric fees (total $680), or do I need to submit one check for each? 

Yes, one check is fine, that's what I did. Double check the amounts though.

11 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, one check is fine, that's what I did. Double check the amounts though.

Did you file recently? The amounts are still the same, but I am not sure if I understand this part correctly. Are they saying that we cannot combine any fees or is this only for combining different forms fees? 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

IMG_2406.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nelly_M said:

Did you file recently? The amounts are still the same, but I am not sure if I understand this part correctly. Are they saying that we cannot combine any fees or is this only for combining different forms fees? 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

IMG_2406.jpeg

Hmmm very good point. This seems new. I filed 2 years ago. I'd follow instructions then.

42 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Hmmm very good point. This seems new. I filed 2 years ago. I'd follow instructions then.

Wish someone who filed recently could provide some update on this. 

Also, the I-751 form available for download from USCIS has expiration date of 12/31/2019. I hope that’s the one we are supposed to be using as I don’t see any other forms available for download.

Edited by Nelly_M

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Up to you as long as it's consistent for all evidence

Thanks for your help. My husband and I opened up a small savings account abroad while I was living there. Now that my husband and I are both here in the US, we no longer use it even though the account is still active. I enclosed that account information when I was submitting I-130. I wonder if I should be including it again with I-751. What are your thoughts on this one?

On 10/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, Nelly_M said:

Got you, but would it be awkward to file now? We are talking about year 2021. Is it even possible to file at this point for that period? In the past, I would always file my taxes timely with exception to that year. 

I filed my 2018 tax return a month ago, a few days prior to applying for citizenship. I guess the old saying better late than never applies. It's actually pretty easy to file within past 3 years, usually past that it gets annoying.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.