Tiffany&Akram

Documents required for interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi everyone. My fiancé has his interview (Algeria) scheduled for Oct 29th and I have a few questions. What documents or info do I need to provide to him for him to take along? From his understanding on what he was told he needs to show them proof that I have an American bank account along with proof of employment and my tax return. I cannot find anywhere where it says I need to provide a proof of bank account. I saw the others listed but not that one

another question is for my I-134, when listening my employment. I work 2 jobs. One is a full time job employed by someone however my 2nd job is part time and it is delivering doordash orders. The form only leaves room for one job and doesn't provide or mention adding on anything. Another issue is delivering doordash is technically considered a self-employment job (I get a 1099 for this and not a w2) so how do I provide proof of employment for them that states how long I work for them and how much I make a year which varies depending how much work I do and how much the customer tips.

What are some current questions they are asking during the interview?

I am so nervous that I'm gonna forget something or give the wrong info and we've come so long to finally get this far and dont want to get a rejection

My fiance's interview is coming up this week and I'm super anxious as well. I also do contract work as a second job which gives me a 1099 like you.

What I decided to do is add a cover letter to my I-134 explaining the nature of my 1099 employment and my anticipated income for this year. I'm adding a copy of my 1099, and copies of deposits into my bank account from the job for 2023. I'm able to filter transactions on my bank's website to show just deposits from certain sources so that made it really easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.