cdaz

Quick question about the I-864 & I-864A

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question regarding the instructions on the I-864 & I-864A. If my mom is our co-sponsor, my dad has signed the I-864A and they both file their taxes jointly, would we need include tax transcripst with each form or will one copy be enough for both?

I ask because the instructions individually state to include that evidence with the corresponding form.

Has anyone passed through that?

thanks,

cdaz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If they filed together, then they should share the same tax transcripts as each other, but you will want to send both of their W2's and all of the supporting documents for both of them. The more you can send the better and make sure that you make yourself copies in case you need them because some people are getting RFE's for tax information even after they sent it. I personally belive that you cannot send too much information.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

If they filed together, then they should share the same tax transcripts as each other, but you will want to send both of their W2's and all of the supporting documents for both of them. The more you can send the better and make sure that you make yourself copies in case you need them because some people are getting RFE's for tax information even after they sent it. I personally belive that you cannot send too much information.

ok thanks, I suppose that makes sense to back-up the joint tax transcript, with each persons individual W-2's and 1099's! I would have not thought of that, I would have guessed that the transcript would be enough. Again another way of trying to stay on the safe-side.

Again THANKS!!! for all of your inputs! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.