alystu

NVC Welcome Email? and other questions!

3 posts in this topic

Hello, A few questions for you lovely, helpful people! I am a US citizen petitioning for my UK husband to immigrate. We currently live in the UK together with our young family.

1) We were given I-797 approval in early September for our I-130 application, and informed that NVC would be in touch about the next steps and CEAC account creation.

On September 12th we received an email from NVC titled "LNDxxxxxxxxxx: Introduction to Document Collection" and listed the NVC's role in our next step, common mistakes, etc. But it did not include a case number or invoice number that I need to proceed with CEAC. Is this normal, and should I keep waiting to receive another email from them?

I tried filling out the "Public Inquiry" form on the website but it wouldn't go through, so I am confused on how to proceed.

2) How long do you have to upload documents for NVC processing once your case has been transfered to them? I am considering traveling back to the US to establish my domicile in December, as I am under the impression that my domicile evidence will be needed when I upload my financial and sponsorship documents to NVC prior to my husband's.

3) I am currently pregnant and due in February. Do I include my unborn child in my "dependents" section of I-864? Or what would be the best way to include this information with transparency?

4) Would a lease agreement, updated address on drivers license, new phone line, and new bank account opened be enough proof to establish my intent for US domicile?

Cheers again folks. Your help is so appreciated !!!

32 minutes ago, alystu said:

we received an email from NVC titled "LNDxxxxxxxxxx: Introduction to Document Collection" and listed the NVC's role in our next step, common mistakes, etc. But it did not include a case number or invoice number that I need to proceed with CEAC. Is this normal, and should I keep waiting to receive another email from them?

The "LND2023xxxxxx" number is your NVC case number.  You should have received another email (subject: "Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation") with your invoice ID.  Did you check your trash or spam email folder?

1. Like other person said, LND** is your case number. Invoice ID (starts with IV***)should be listed directly below LND in the email titled “notice of immigration case creation”

2. One year from when visa becomes available: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

3. You would only include if the baby is here when you submit I-864. No need to say anything at this point. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.