matchakat

Vaccination requirements - Covid

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I have a question regarding vaccination requirements for children. Do they need to have had Covid vaccines and if so how many doses? My 13-year old has had two doses but my 9-year old hasn’t had any. 
Thank you in advance! 

17 hours ago, matchakat said:

Hi, 

I have a question regarding vaccination requirements for children. Do they need to have had Covid vaccines and if so how many doses? My 13-year old has had two doses but my 9-year old hasn’t had any. 
Thank you in advance! 

From my reading of the requirements chart, Covid vaccine is required for all ages - https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/vaccine-requirements-according-to-applicant-age-p.pdf

Note that the varicella requirement is waived for those applying from the UK if they've had chickenpox before, the docs at the medical will just tick a box to say it's not needed (I wasn't asked for any proof of any of us having chickenpox, just said we had all had it and they ticked it).

@appleblossom  I cannot thank you enough for your help answering ALL of my questions 😀
I have also checked your timeline in the other thread and it has helped me so much! I hope you are your family are happy and enjoying your life in the US.

6 minutes ago, matchakat said:

@appleblossom  I cannot thank you enough for your help answering ALL of my questions 😀
I have also checked your timeline in the other thread and it has helped me so much! I hope you are your family are happy and enjoying your life in the US.

Can't say for sure about the Covid vaccine as my children are older so had both had two doses, but hopefully the info above helps.

And no worries at all. EB1's are pretty rare, so happy to help with our experience! When we applied in February I could never have imagined that we'd be moving with green cards in July (we already had O visas in hand, so would have moved then anyway, but had expected the IV process to take a heck of a lot longer). I hope your process is as quick and painless as ours was. Best of luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

@appleblossom

Yes, EB1s seem to be quite rare - hopefully my journey will be as smooth as yours 🙂

Did your children have to have any additional vaccinations bwdoew the medical? According to the chart you kindly shared, it looks like my kids (born and raised here in the UK) need to have Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and MenACWY?

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2023 at 10:42 AM, matchakat said:

@appleblossom

Yes, EB1s seem to be quite rare - hopefully my journey will be as smooth as yours 🙂

Did your children have to have any additional vaccinations bwdoew the medical? According to the chart you kindly shared, it looks like my kids (born and raised here in the UK) need to have Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and MenACWY?

So sorry, I've only just seen this! Yes, my children had to have a few extra, as did my husband and I. We just had them done at the medical to save time and hassle.

Do also check what your children will need to attend school in the US, they need vaccines for that too.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.