matchakat

I-140 approval -> Welcome letter timeline

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,
I am so happy I've come across this super helpful forum!
My husband has just got news that his I-140 has been approved (the visa category: EB1), and I am curious about everyone's experience with regards to how long it took for the welcome letter to arrive.

When I checked the NVC timeframes page last week, they were working on creating cases referred to them 4 weeks ago, but as of this week, this has increased to nearly 10 weeks!
This actually doesn't make sense... last week, as of 21st Sep, they were working on cases received on 22nd August, this week as of 25th Sep, they are working on cases received on 19th July!
How can they be working on older cases than last week?? Maybe it's some kind of mistake?

I doubt it's a mistake, just a backlog after the summer I suspect, with less staff due to holidays and lots more applications to get through.

It's still pretty quick though, used to take 6 months or more! So hopefully you'll get the WL very soon, good luck. 

2 minutes ago, matchakat said:

Thanks so much @appleblossom!
I guess it's only the beginning of many months of (anxious) wait...Still it's good to know 10 weeks isn't too bad compared to before!

Hopefully it won't take too long. We had our EB1's approved via London in July, you can look at my timeline for info but London is super quick at the mo (some consulates have a 2 year + wait for an interview, London is only a couple of months!). So I'm sure you'll be approved before too long. 

Best of luck. 

In case this helps anyone at the start of the waiting game after USCIS approval… we have just received the welcome letter from NVC 6 days after the I-140 approval!! 
the case creation timeframe on their website still says they’re working on cases sent to them around July 19 so I definitely wasn’t expecting the WL so soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.