13 posts in this topic

I am a foreign national who recently got married to a US citizen and we applied for my change of status last week (the package arrived at CIS Friday 27th).

I just realized that although I did file the I-693, I failed the enclose in my package the sealed envelope from the doctor.

What actions should I take since I still have it in my possession but need to get it to CIS so our package can be processed.

Unless I'm mistaken, you don't need to worry about adding it to your package. When USCIS gets to your file, they will notice the missing paperwork and request it from you by mail... if you would like to beat them to it, you can try making an appointment with your local office and ask if they can take your envelope and forward it to wherever it is being processed so they can add it to your paperwork for processing.

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

I assume you mean the supplement to the I 693?

They'll still process the package, but they *may* issue an RFE for it. I'd wait until you receive the RFE, then send it in.

If you send it in now, there's virtually no way to guarantee that it will 'find' your case file.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are talking about the vaccination supplement?

I-485 instructions says you "may" include them.

I-485 instruction page 4

Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf (This applies also to K-3/K-4)

Two things can happen if you don't include it.

• The case is looked at by MSC and they decide it is a simple case and send it to CSC, CSC will then send you a request for the vaccination supplement, when they receive the supplement they continue processing and either approve without interview, or send the case to your field office for interview.
  • The case is looked at by MSC and they decide an interview is needed, and send it to your field office, and when you get letter for interview, it will just tell you to bring the vaccination supplement with you.

Many were advise to send in with out it if they could not get it done before the rate increase, not sending it in wont kill the

This came up earlier: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=80858&hl=

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Don't make assumptions! We don't know if the OP is filing from a K visa or not.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep, I see that, Newbi mistake of not first completing their profile and doing a timeline before asking questions, sometimes this drives me nuts.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=37705

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I wasn't assuming visa type - the OP said "I just realized that although I did file the I-693, I failed the enclose in my package the sealed envelope from the doctor."

I assumed that the sealed envelope that they forgot to enclose was the supplement.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

I wasn't - the OP said "I just realized that although I did file the I-693, I failed the enclose in my package the sealed envelope from the doctor."

I assumed that the sealed envelope that they forgot to enclose was the supplement.

Really its hard to make any assumptions without the OP giving us a lot more details of his case. I would say that if the person has an I-693 and the vaccination suppliment, they are usually in the same sealed envelope.

The envelope contained the CIS forms from the doctor, results from my tests etc (all the items that are given by the doctor after the medicatl examination is prefered and you return for the results to send in your package) and I am applying for an adjustment of status from F1 to Greencard.

The envelope contained the CIS forms from the doctor, results from my tests etc (all the items that are given by the doctor after the medicatl examination is prefered and you return for the results to send in your package) and I am applying for an adjustment of status from F1 to Greencard.

OK. You should wait until you get an "Request for Initial Evidence" from USCIS asking for the I-693 (in the sealed envelope), and then submit it to them. Don't do anything for now.

What did you mean when you said you sent them the I-693 BTW? The I-693 is what is in the envelope. Did you send them the photocopy of the form the doctor gives you? That supposed to be for your own records.

You were not supposed to open that sealed envelope.

Edited by Dr_LHA

I filled out a I-693 form in the package I sent in - I believe it had 'applicant' down to the bottom. I did not open the envelope from the doctor's office because my research showed that it is only to be opened by CIS.

We did not receive a copy from the doctor.

What did you mean when you said you sent them the I-693 BTW? The I-693 is what is in the envelope. Did you send them the photocopy of the form the doctor gives you? That supposed to be for your own records.

You were not supposed to open that sealed envelope.

I filled out a I-693 form in the package I sent in - I believe it had 'applicant' down to the bottom. I did not open the envelope from the doctor's office because my research showed that it is only to be opened by CIS.

You cannot fill out I-693 yourself. It is filled out by the doctor and given to you in the sealed envelope.

What you did is pretty odd, I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Still, my original advice stands. Don't open the sealed envelope, when USCIS send you an RFE, send them the sealed envelope. You might want to make an infopass appointment to talk to someone about this, I don't know how USCIS will react to someone filling out an I-693 who is not an USCIS civil surgeon.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I filled out the top part of one of the forms and when I rechecked my copies I realized that's what I sent it. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf If you would check page seven, you would see one that at the bottom has 'Applicant'. I filled out that one - only the top and attached that in my file.

I will follow your advice, thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.