Black Velvet

Kingston, Jamaica K-3 Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Help! I am getting frustrated. :crying: I filed for my husband last November. We are still living in different countries. My problem is obtaining an interview. I overnighted the DS-230 (Part I) form. It was received 6 days ago. I even have a signature confirmation from Federal Express. How much longer we will have to wait to receive an interview date? I have to purchase a plane ticket, receive time off from work, etc. Please advise.

Frustrated in Atlanta,

Mrs. Scott

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey hang in there..I filed last April and received an interview date 1yr later...Now the interviews are not being scheduled Kingston anymore..so be patient...fill in ur timeline so others can have a better idea of when things got process etc

Good luck

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i would not expect an interview letter any sooner than 2-3 months after you sent in the ds-230

Help! I am getting frustrated. :crying: I filed for my husband last November. We are still living in different countries. My problem is obtaining an interview. I overnighted the DS-230 (Part I) form. It was received 6 days ago. I even have a signature confirmation from Federal Express. How much longer we will have to wait to receive an interview date? I have to purchase a plane ticket, receive time off from work, etc. Please advise.

Frustrated in Atlanta,

Mrs. Scott

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

Timeline

You need to start digging for that patient virtue because you will need it. Trust me. :yes: You may have to wait in excess of 7 or 8 months to get a date. Once the NVC has finished processing the Ds230 and affidavit of support you will have to wait for them to schedule an interview date. If you are going for the CR1/IR1 we are still trying to figure out how long it takes since they have changed the process. There are a few other ladies going that route on the new system and have yet to recieve a date. If you are going the K1/K3 route just check some signatures and timelines because I believe they are assinging dates a lot faster with the new process. And you can estimate how long it might take you based on your timeline.

Just hang in there :hug: we all know how difficult it is.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Timeline

Hang in there :thumbs: Some peoples cases move faster than others for some reason. Ours only took 9 months from the date we filled. I used the shortcuts but I know it just changed right after our interview. I don't know why some go through so quick and why some hang there. Patients is a virtue. All the best.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.