Jump to content

Visa Extension for US Citizen Child Living in India


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India

My minor daughter is a US citizen who was born in India and had a valid OCI card until last year. She has always lived in India. Unfortunately, there was a delay in renewing her US passport when it expired and now there is a 2-month gap between her current and previous passports, which led to them rejecting her OCI renewal application.  Indian FRRO told us that we would have to apply for a fresh OCI card, but, before we do that, it is mandatory to apply for a visa extension on indianfrro.gov.in. 


Can someone please guide me through the process? The website is a little confusing. What visa should I opt for after selecting the Visa Extension option? 


Also, is it okay if we simply get the visa extension and travel to the US, without applying for a fresh OCI card?


Any advice is appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...