Quantril

Green Card holder traveling to China

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I have a few questions regarding a trip my wife and son are making. Any advice/assistance is appreciated.

My wife: Chinese by birth, Citizen of Indonesia by previous marriage, Green Card Holder and LPR of US since January '07.

My son: US Citizen. Almost two years old.

My wife, who has her Green Card, is going to travel to China to visit her sister, whom she has not seen in almost two years. It will be her first trip outside the US since arriving in the US on her fiancee visa in October of '05.

She will be taking our 23 month old son with her on the trip to China. He is a US Citizen.

Question 1. Does my wife need a letter of consent from me to travel overseas with our son? If so, who should I write the letter to? Do I need it notarized?

Question 2. Does my wife need anything more than her Green Card upon reentry to the US? Should I have her take our marriage certificate, our son's birth certificate, or any other form of ID with them? Should they be originals or will copies suffice?

Question 3. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks for any and all input,

-Q

I-129F Filing

March 4, 2005 - Sent I-129F Petition to NSC

March 28, 2005 - NOA1 received snail mail (dated 3/21)

May 2, 2005 - NOA2 via email (42 days from NOA1)

October 4th - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!.

October 7th - WE'RE HOME! (Day 198).

October 28th, 2005 - MARRIED BY THE J.O.P.

AOS

November 29th, 2005 - Sent AOS filing to Chicago.

November 30th, 2005 - AOS filing received and signed for.

December 5th, 2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD.

December 6th, 2005 - NOA1 for AOS/Resent AP w/ correct fee.

March 10, 2006 - Received AP approval.

April 7, 2006 - Biometrics taken for EAP and AOS.

November 20, 2006 - Interview letter received.

January 11, 2007 - AOS Interview. Approved.

January 17, 2007 - Green card issued.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

October 27, 2008 - Petition to lift conditions filing sent.

November 3, 2008 - NOA1.

December 3, 2008 - Biometrics taken.

March 21st, 2009 - File transferred from VSC to CSC.

June 20th, 2009 - Green Card received in mail.

February 2nd, 2010 - N-400 filing sent.

February 8th, 2010 - NOA date.

February 9th, 2010 - Check cashed.

February 11th, 2010 - NOA rec'd.

March 26th, 2010 - Fingerprints

May 20th, 2010 - Interview completed/passed.

June 25th, 2010 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled for 09/14/10 Notice received.

June 21st, 2010 - WE MOVED TO BOULDER, CO

June 28th, 2010 - Case transferred to Denver USCIS

October 1st, 2010 - Oath Ceremony / US Citizenship received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Dose your son have an Passport yet? He will need one along with a visa to visit China. Is your son also her son? If so then a letter of consent should not be needed.

If you don't live close to a Chinese consulate, or the Chinese embassy in DC, you mar want to use this service to get your son's Chinese visitor's visa. http://www.oasischinavisa.com/ Also NOTE: China is doing away with the single, and double entry visas and will only be offering the multi type Aug 1, so fee will be $100 + whatever the visa handleing service charges.

2) Copy of marriage cert should be handy to show any name change between Chinese passport, and the green-card.

3) I would highly recomend that you join "A Candle for Love" that site specializes in Chinese Immigrations issues, as well as many other things involving American / Chinese life.

http://candleforlove.com

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks, YuAndDan.

Our son does have his passport and we obtained visitor's visas for both him and my wife. It was from a different site, but similar. Also, he is her son as well. I'm thinking she should take a copy of his birth cert. (which lists us both as parernts) for safety's sake.

I'll make sure my wife has a copy of our marriage cert when she leaves as well.

I think you've suggested that before and I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. It's a bit tricky for us because my wife is Chinese by birth, but her citizenship is Indonesian.

Thanks again. You're the best!

-Q

1) Dose your son have an Passport yet? He will need one along with a visa to visit China. Is your son also her son? If so then a letter of consent should not be needed.

If you don't live close to a Chinese consulate, or the Chinese embassy in DC, you mar want to use this service to get your son's Chinese visitor's visa. http://www.oasischinavisa.com/ Also NOTE: China is doing away with the single, and double entry visas and will only be offering the multi type Aug 1, so fee will be $100 + whatever the visa handleing service charges.

2) Copy of marriage cert should be handy to show any name change between Chinese passport, and the green-card.

3) I would highly recomend that you join "A Candle for Love" that site specializes in Chinese Immigrations issues, as well as many other things involving American / Chinese life.

http://candleforlove.com

Edited by Quantril

I-129F Filing

March 4, 2005 - Sent I-129F Petition to NSC

March 28, 2005 - NOA1 received snail mail (dated 3/21)

May 2, 2005 - NOA2 via email (42 days from NOA1)

October 4th - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!.

October 7th - WE'RE HOME! (Day 198).

October 28th, 2005 - MARRIED BY THE J.O.P.

AOS

November 29th, 2005 - Sent AOS filing to Chicago.

November 30th, 2005 - AOS filing received and signed for.

December 5th, 2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD.

December 6th, 2005 - NOA1 for AOS/Resent AP w/ correct fee.

March 10, 2006 - Received AP approval.

April 7, 2006 - Biometrics taken for EAP and AOS.

November 20, 2006 - Interview letter received.

January 11, 2007 - AOS Interview. Approved.

January 17, 2007 - Green card issued.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

October 27, 2008 - Petition to lift conditions filing sent.

November 3, 2008 - NOA1.

December 3, 2008 - Biometrics taken.

March 21st, 2009 - File transferred from VSC to CSC.

June 20th, 2009 - Green Card received in mail.

February 2nd, 2010 - N-400 filing sent.

February 8th, 2010 - NOA date.

February 9th, 2010 - Check cashed.

February 11th, 2010 - NOA rec'd.

March 26th, 2010 - Fingerprints

May 20th, 2010 - Interview completed/passed.

June 25th, 2010 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled for 09/14/10 Notice received.

June 21st, 2010 - WE MOVED TO BOULDER, CO

June 28th, 2010 - Case transferred to Denver USCIS

October 1st, 2010 - Oath Ceremony / US Citizenship received.

You MUST have the letter of consent to travel with only ONE parent out of the US no matter if you are divorced or married to the other parent!!!

I have a letter I would be more than happy to share with you of you are interested....

Stacy

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.