chelzbellz

Still Haven't Received Interview Letter for CDJ Mexico

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

Our K-1 application has been in a ready status at the CDJ embassy for one month, but we still have yet to receive the letter/email letting us know we can schedule the interview (the scheduling website for CDJ is adamant that we have this before we schedule). Curious if anyone that has gone through the CDJ embassy for K-1 recently could let us know how long it took between the Ready status on the CEAC site and receiving the interview letter.

Edited by chelzbellz
missed word

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just in case anyone else ends up looking for answers here, I came across a site to submit and inquiry (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVfgiNz1651bJFw8-3cSF2IBMIwXMZpUF3CodoSIhc6XW3SQ/viewform)
Just got a response and even though everything online says that we will use the scheduling website, it seems that, for now at least, the embassy is scheduling for us.

image.thumb.png.e8951632f636b4b877c977d81bac2028.png

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Another update for anyone also looking for answers!

We finally got our appointment scheduled. Yes, they did schedule the interview for us and sent an email to the petitioner's email from the original I129F (beneficiary has not received an email, nothing in physical mail as of this moment) notifying us of the date and steps to follow (setting up account in AIS, etc). Took a couple days for it to let us finish setting everything up in AIS, it was still saying our case wasn't ready to be processed, so give it some time from the moment you get the email. We did have to schedule the biometric appointment in AIS ourselves, so we just picked the business day prior to the interview appointment. I will continue to update here with any other information that might be useful to others going through the process at CDJ.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Mariazp said:

Hi, how long it took for you to get the appointment after NVC approved you? We've been approved so far as well for almost two months and we haven't received the consular letter :(

Top tip - click on the OP's Timeline to see details of their processing. This thread may also be useful, looks like it's sped up a lot recently as the most recent K1 on it had a much longer wait - 

HTH.

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mariazp said:

Hi, how long it took for you to get the appointment after NVC approved you? We've been approved so far as well for almost two months and we haven't received the consular letter :(

We got our NOA2 April 20th and the appointment letter on September 27, so 5 months. Our CEAC status didn't show Ready until July 10th, so there is some waiting time between the approval and that as well. Seems like CDJ is very backed up so it's a stressful wait not knowing what is going on.

We also never got any physical letter and my fiance (beneficiary) never received an email, it only came to me. Once your CEAC status shows Ready, you could submit an inquiry at the link I posted above to make sure they have your correct address, just to be safe.

When they scheduled the appointment, it was for 2 months out as well, so I would wait until you have that date to start gathering updated documents, etc.

I know it's stressful with such a long wait, I couldn't find any information on anyone going through CDJ recently and was so worried for months. Feel free to reach out to me if you end up with more questions about going through CDJ and try not to worry too much! It'll come along eventually.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Top tip - click on the OP's Timeline to see details of their processing. This thread may also be useful, looks like it's sped up a lot recently as the most recent K1 on it had a much longer wait - 

HTH.

Sadly, it seems it's slowed down. The last mention of an appointment on that thread commented that they got the appointment scheduled in January but got their NOA2 in October, so that's just 3-4 months depending on the exact dates :(

1 hour ago, chelzbellz said:

Sadly, it seems it's slowed down. The last mention of an appointment on that thread commented that they got the appointment scheduled in January but got their NOA2 in October, so that's just 3-4 months depending on the exact dates :(

Weirdly, that person said earlier in the thread that their NOA2 came in August (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/745299-ciudad-juarez-interviews/?do=findComment&comment=10778518), so 7 months between that and interview which is why I thought it had got quicker. Not sure why they said October as well, or which is correct though. 🤷‍♀️

Timeline
1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

Weirdly, that person said earlier in the thread that their NOA2 came in August (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/745299-ciudad-juarez-interviews/?do=findComment&comment=10778518), so 7 months between that and interview which is why I thought it had got quicker. Not sure why they said October as well, or which is correct though. 🤷‍♀️

Ahhhh yeah that's confusing lol

Either way, it feels way too long waiting!

On 10/26/2023 at 12:54 PM, chelzbellz said:

We got our NOA2 April 20th and the appointment letter on September 27, so 5 months. Our CEAC status didn't show Ready until July 10th, so there is some waiting time between the approval and that as well. Seems like CDJ is very backed up so it's a stressful wait not knowing what is going on.

We also never got any physical letter and my fiance (beneficiary) never received an email, it only came to me. Once your CEAC status shows Ready, you could submit an inquiry at the link I posted above to make sure they have your correct address, just to be safe.

When they scheduled the appointment, it was for 2 months out as well, so I would wait until you have that date to start gathering updated documents, etc.

I know it's stressful with such a long wait, I couldn't find any information on anyone going through CDJ recently and was so worried for months. Feel free to reach out to me if you end up with more questions about going through CDJ and try not to worry too much! It'll come along eventually.

Thank you so much for the info!! We got the NOA2 on June 26th. It's weird because our CEAC is ready since August haha but it doesn't let us schedule an appointment. We already submitted an inquiry to the same link and got the same answer HAHA "your case is in the appointment queue" so yeap, just keep waiting. Your update gave me hope haha thank you so much!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mariazp said:

Thank you so much for the info!! We got the NOA2 on June 26th. It's weird because our CEAC is ready since August haha but it doesn't let us schedule an appointment. We already submitted an inquiry to the same link and got the same answer HAHA "your case is in the appointment queue" so yeap, just keep waiting. Your update gave me hope haha thank you so much!

Yeah, I was feeling disheartened myself which is exactly why I decided to keep updating here. I figured someone else had to be dealing with the same, glad I was able to help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.