Saadia101

K1-Visa-Case sent to Islamabad Embassy-What are next steps

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I applied for K-1 visa from the U.S. My case has been approved by the USCIS and I have received a case number and welcome letter from the NVC. When I check my case status on CEAC, it says that "your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section." Should I tell my fiancé to fill out the DS-160 Form or should I wait for the Islamabad Embassy to send my fiancé something? 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Kristy14 said:

Hi Saadia, 

I am also in the process of applying for a K1 visa for my fiancé in Pakistan. I would have your fiancé start the DS-160 document. Can I ask how long it took to get your 129 approved? 

Hey Kristy, my application was received by the USCIS in California on April 11th 2022. I got my approval from USCIS on May 12th 2023 and got the welcome letter from NVC on August 4th 2023. My case status at CEAC changed from "transit" to "ready" on August 7th 2023. So far it has been almost 16 months.

Do you mind me asking how much supporting evidence you had? We have met 3 times now. I have pictures, visa stamps, flight tickets.  We took engagement pictures when he asked me to marry him. I am just so nervous about this process. 

Timeline
On 8/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Kristy14 said:

Do you mind me asking how much supporting evidence you had? We have met 3 times now. I have pictures, visa stamps, flight tickets.  We took engagement pictures when he asked me to marry him. I am just so nervous about this process. 

I had similar stuff. I sent our flight tickets, engagement and other pics we took together, visa stamps, screenshots of our phone calls, and a few screenshots of our chats/text messages.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:05 AM, Saadia101 said:

Hello,

I applied for K-1 visa from the U.S. My case has been approved by the USCIS and I have received a case number and welcome letter from the NVC. When I check my case status on CEAC, it says that "your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section." Should I tell my fiancé to fill out the DS-160 Form or should I wait for the Islamabad Embassy to send my fiancé something? 

you should have paid the fees by now .. u need to fill up the ds 160 and get an interview date, maybe you probably already booked the interview as its been a week already 

Timeline
13 hours ago, ample waiting said:

you should have paid the fees by now .. u need to fill up the ds 160 and get an interview date, maybe you probably already booked the interview as its been a week already 

Thank you for replying. Yes we have filled the form and paid the fees. Will schedule an interview date by tomorrow. Was it easy to find an interview date or is there a lot of waiting time?

11 hours ago, Saadia101 said:

Thank you for replying. Yes we have filled the form and paid the fees. Will schedule an interview date by tomorrow. Was it easy to find an interview date or is there a lot of waiting time?

SO you guys didn't book yet :( dates for October are booked. last batch of dates was offered on 15th august .you are most likely to find one for November now. keep checking especially every Tuesday around 8:30 am. 

We had to wait 2 weeks before we were able to book a slot 

Timeline
12 hours ago, ample waiting said:

SO you guys didn't book yet :( dates for October are booked. last batch of dates was offered on 15th august .you are most likely to find one for November now. keep checking especially every Tuesday around 8:30 am. 

We had to wait 2 weeks before we were able to book a slot 

Yeah it took a while for us to finish the DS-160 form. We have been trying to book an appointment but currently it says no slots are available. I guess we will have to keep checking everyday. But thanks for letting me know about Tuesday, hopefully something will be available soon. I am assuming your interview is in October, I hope it goes well.

8 hours ago, Saadia101 said:

Also, is there a limit on how many time you can login and check for an interview slot?

yes after like 4 times of checking it would say daily limit reached .. so later on i would just check around 9 and then 12 and 2 ... 

But on the day I was able to book.. i checked around 10 am and the slots were open 

On 8/9/2023 at 9:34 AM, Kristy14 said:

Why does your profile say CR/IR-1 if you are pursuing a K1?

Timeline
On 8/19/2023 at 2:44 AM, ample waiting said:

yes after like 4 times of checking it would say daily limit reached .. so later on i would just check around 9 and then 12 and 2 ... 

But on the day I was able to book.. i checked around 10 am and the slots were open 

In the same boat looking to book appointment. 

When you did get your booking, what day did it end up being? Was it Tuesday? I have been looking for weeks now. Am I just catching it as bad times? 

@Saadia101 — have you been able to book? 

I am struggling with this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.