AhmadHamouda

Previous Procedure vs Current question.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I’ve been digging in past posts and figured that the procedure was different than it is now, like

1- some people used to call it case complete instead of documentarily qualified, and you’d get interview date even if your documents are not okay. 
2- send packages before the interview of documents instead of uploading it before in CEAC where NVC revises them and make sure they are okay or send RFE

3- alot of people got yellow slips for documents that NVC now doesn’t give you a DQ if you don’t upload them. 

Does that mean that some people used to have interview when their documents weren’t really ready and wasn’t revised?

And with the new system do we except better interview timing and faster process?

March 19, 2022: Submitted I-130
April 19, 2023: I-130 Approved
April 25, 2023: NVC received file and NVC case number assigned
May 31, 2023: Submitted Documents
June 20, 2023: Case complete at NVC
?? ??, 2023: Interview Letter - WAITING.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AhmadHamouda said:

Hello everyone,

I’ve been digging in past posts and figured that the procedure was different than it is now, like

1- some people used to call it ca

Does that mean that some people used to have interview when their documents weren’t really ready and wasn’t revised?

And with the new system do we except better interview timing and faster process?

1.  No. CC is the same as DQ. Case goes no where until NVC is satisfied with all documents 

2.  No.  It remains case load and staffing dependent  

4 hours ago, AhmadHamouda said:

Hello everyone,

1- some people used to call it case complete instead of documentarily qualified, and you’d get interview date even if your documents are not okay. 
2- send packages before the interview of documents instead of uploading it before in CEAC where NVC revises them and make sure they are okay or send RFE

3- alot of people got yellow slips for documents that NVC now doesn’t give you a DQ if you don’t upload them. 

With regard to 2, that’s still the process for many. All EB applicants have to mail their documents and cannot upload them via CEAC. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lil bear said:

1.  No. CC is the same as DQ. Case goes no where until NVC is satisfied with all documents 

2.  No.  It remains case load and staffing dependent  

I think not, I see cases where I864 is not satisfying or with W2's or other stuff are missing during the interview and it goes to administrative processing, whereas now you can't be DQed if these documents are not uploaded and approved, and Now there are no packets to be sent before interview (Speaking of IR1/CR1 only as this is what I'm looking at).

4 hours ago, appleblossom said:

With regard to 2, that’s still the process for many. All EB applicants have to mail their documents and cannot upload them via CEAC. 

Aha, But I think now for IR1/CR1 it's not the same because this is what I've been looking at.

March 19, 2022: Submitted I-130
April 19, 2023: I-130 Approved
April 25, 2023: NVC received file and NVC case number assigned
May 31, 2023: Submitted Documents
June 20, 2023: Case complete at NVC
?? ??, 2023: Interview Letter - WAITING.

25 minutes ago, AhmadHamouda said:

Aha, But I think now for IR1/CR1 it's not the same because this is what I've been looking at.

Possibly - I've no idea as I'm an EB1 applicant. But you didn't say you were specifically referring to the IR1/CRI procedure in your first post, so was just clarifying for anybody reading. 

I'm not sure the procedure or any change in it would really make much of a difference anyway tbh. It's about number of applicants, Covid backlogs and how they've been dealt with more than anything. Some consulates still have a 2+ year wait for an interview because of the backlogs. 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.