Jason and May

Just a CEAC (Short) Rant

8 posts in this topic

Well, attempt number 5. Today's attempt comes to you during a two-hour gap between sessions on a 13-hour day. Still trying to enter all addresses my 32-year-old wife has lived at since she was 16, along with all phone numbers and every social media account. CEAC crashes when I attempt to save or move to the next page. Every. Single. Time. I now have...24 minutes until my next session starts, and I'll be in session until 8:30, and then up at 5 tomorrow and back at it. 

I see why VJ-ers have amazing things to say about CEAC and the ease with which they work their way through it. 

I'm not usually an impatient or angry person, but my blood is nearly boiling at the moment. 

**Rant over**

Thanks for listening. ✌🏾

3 hours ago, Evan757 said:

Have you tried using a different browser?

Yes. Chrome has been marginally better than Safari. The site still crashes, just not as frequently as with Safari, it seems. 

Still struggling? Perhaps you can pre-populate the "answers" on a Word document and then "copy paste" it unto CEAC for a faster entry when saving. The sample DS260 can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260-Exemplar.pdf

2 hours ago, ShazShaz said:

Still struggling? Perhaps you can pre-populate the "answers" on a Word document and then "copy paste" it unto CEAC for a faster entry when saving. The sample DS260 can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260-Exemplar.pdf

No. We submitted her DS260 late the following following night. 

I did think about doing exactly what you suggested, but I probably type faster than I switch screens, copy, and paste. And by the time I typed those old addresses over a couple of times, I had them memorized anyway. 😂

Using Chrome instead of Safari did seem to help, but it still crashed several times. At least the times the site went down later, we were past the long page of addresses and social media, and so we had saved our progress most of the time. 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:07 PM, Jason and May said:

Well, attempt number 5. Today's attempt comes to you during a two-hour gap between sessions on a 13-hour day. Still trying to enter all addresses my 32-year-old wife has lived at since she was 16, along with all phone numbers and every social media account. CEAC crashes when I attempt to save or move to the next page. Every. Single. Time. I now have...24 minutes until my next session starts, and I'll be in session until 8:30, and then up at 5 tomorrow and back at it. 

I see why VJ-ers have amazing things to say about CEAC and the ease with which they work their way through it. 

I'm not usually an impatient or angry person, but my blood is nearly boiling at the moment. 

**Rant over**

Thanks for listening. ✌🏾

I think I had over 10 attempts to get all the addresses saved with the ability to move to the next page. 

If I had seen this sooner, I would have suggested you write one or two addresses spanning the time period required then go back and slowly add her other addresses. 

It is a common issue for people who have lived in more than 2 or 3 homes from 16+ 

42 minutes ago, Redro said:

I think I had over 10 attempts to get all the addresses saved with the ability to move to the next page. 

If I had seen this sooner, I would have suggested you write one or two addresses spanning the time period required then go back and slowly add her other addresses. 

It is a common issue for people who have lived in more than 2 or 3 homes from 16+ 

I have long list of my addresses. I did the same trick to complete addresses page as you mentioned. It was back in April

3 hours ago, Redro said:

Yes, it's really pretty frustrating! 

I actually ended up doing something similar to what you mentioned here. I just entered all the addresses I had memorized and that were on the I-130A, and then I added another address and put in "Placeholder" and a span of dates that would cover age 16 years forward. Then, the next time we video chatted, we went back and edited it to add the addresses I hadn't written down, which were only two. Then we could finally save that page and move on. From that point forward, it was mostly smooth. 

I shouldn't have publicly complained as much as I did. I feel a little sheepish now. But I don't have anyone beyond VJ and one friend who lives pretty far away that would understand if I vented about immigration/CEAC. So, here I am. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience here! I appreciate it. It helps validate my own frustrations. :) 

Edited by Jason and May
Grammar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.