20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

It doesn't need to be an emergency in Canada.  You could win a cruise trip in the Caribbean... Even if you don't plan to use it, it's such an easy form to join to the rest and save you possible headaches/heartbreak later.

Ha! There we go. See? Reasons I didn't think of. Thanks! Though we are both gonna be pretty upset if we don't win a trip in the next year or so. Lol. 

Just now, LandPfromPA said:

Ha! There we go. See? Reasons I didn't think of. Thanks! Though we are both gonna be pretty upset if we don't win a trip in the next year or so. Lol. 

I'll cross my fingers for you! 

Best of luck with the adjustment of status, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

On 7/21/2023 at 11:18 AM, LandPfromPA said:

@K1visaHopeful So went through all your advice as we finish off the packet... but we are both stressed and I just want to confirm a few things since you had such great advice.

1. For paystubs for the past 6 months - I get paid weekly, so do I need to include all of them for both jobs, or is just one for each month enough? I will do all if needed, but I feel nobody will be appreciative if I send 50+ paystubs to them.

If you are following the instructions like you should, all.

2. Do we need to submit any evidence of marriage other than the certified marriage certificate? For the K1 part it was pictures, etc. Do we need anything here? Even the birth certificate of our kid we had after being married? 

Need to?

No.

Can you?

If you perhaps have something, sure.

3. She doesn't have to do the I-131, right? We 100% aren't leaving the country. Her dad was her only family and he died, so no reason to leave. 

Need to?

No.

Highly recommended to?

Absolu-+×#*- lutely.

Its free.

Why would you not and risk an emergency?

Same with I765.

They are a recommended package. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If you are following the instructions like you should, all.

Need to?

No.

Can you?

If you perhaps have something, sure.

Need to?

No.

Highly recommended to?

Absolu-+×#*- lutely.

Its free.

Why would you not and risk an emergency?

Same with I765.

They are a recommended package. 

Okay, so printed all 50 pages of pay stubs. I'm sorry to the trees that had to die for this. 

I will throw in a bit of evidence just in case. 

We got extra passport pictures AND filled out the I-131 since it's free, and if we don't need it, we don't need. BUT, if we need it - we got it. 

I think I just have 1 more question - filling out the CC auth form to pay for it - do they do the I-485 and Bio fee together, or do I need to fill out 2 forms? It's not clear on that. Also, can we date them all now, or should we wait until the day we mail them which will probably be Thursday? 

5 hours ago, LandPfromPA said:

I think I just have 1 more question - filling out the CC auth form to pay for it - do they do the I-485 and Bio fee together,

Yes.

or do I need to fill out 2 forms?

No.

Also, can we date them all now, or should we wait until the day we mail them which will probably be Thursday? 

Yes. No.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.