zsam

Jobs that ask for Permanent Resident/US Citizen

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi--my husband is applying for jobs (dental profession). All the programs ask for citizenship or PR status. I spoke to my lawyer and she said we would say we are "pending"

Do any of you have any insight or have you faced the same issue? Obviously we can't speed anything up, and we've been told to keep waiting(like we did for the EAD). If we at least had an interview, I;d feel good but we're waiting, waiting, waiting.

Any feedback is appreciated!

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe you could show the prospective employer the NOA1 as proof of "AOS pending" status. Maybe seeing paper proof of this would help in some way. Hope something opens up for your husband soon. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Usually the reason why a job would require USC or LPR is that the employer doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting someone a visa (which costs money) to work. As you are legal to to work and getting your Green Card, then you should be OK. There are a couple of exceptions:

1. The job requires LPR for security clearance.

2. The employer wants a person who is guaranteed to be a LPR, rather than just a pending (i.e. they want to make sure that the person won't leave in 3 months because their AOS was denied).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks for the responses! yeah, this makes sense. hopefully things will work out soon for us! I just get a bit apprehensive as we're still waiting for the interview...keep your fingers crossed for us! :)

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.