wav_m

Police certificate – RCMP Entire Holdings?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all – I am hoping you can provide a very quick sense/sanity check on my Canadian police certificate, which arrived today. I requested it through Commissionaires, and specifically asked them to search RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings. However, I can't see that wording anywhere on the certificate.

Here's what it looks like. Do I have the right certificate, or do I need to request a new one?

IMG_9138.jpeg

Sent: June 13 2022

Received: June 16 2022

NOA1: June 17 2022

NOA2: June 26 2023

NVC Received: July 27 2023 (approx)

Case Number Received: August 17 2023

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 6:50 PM, 0508 said:

yes this is the right one! i went and got the other one and had to redo it lol

Which one did you originally ask for? I am on week 4 of waiting for mine and now I’m worried I requested the wrong one! I went to commissionaires and she asked me what it was for and I said immigration so she checked that option. Not sure if this was the right one or not.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Shades8 said:

Which one did you originally ask for? I am on week 4 of waiting for mine and now I’m worried I requested the wrong one! I went to commissionaires and she asked me what it was for and I said immigration so she checked that option. Not sure if this was the right one or not.  

If it helps, I requested a "certified criminal record check for personal use, subtype Other" and asked that it include "RCMP National Repository entire holdings." That's based on the DoS website as well as advice I found on VJ.

6 minutes ago, wav_m said:

If it helps, I requested a "certified criminal record check for personal use, subtype Other" and asked that it include "RCMP National Repository entire holdings." That's based on the DoS website as well as advice I found on VJ.

Right then I did mess it up.  The Commissionaires asked me what it was for and then picked visa type when I said it was for a green card application.  So I guess I just lost a whole month on that and have to start over on this step.   Argh. 

Timeline
Just now, Shades8 said:

Right then I did mess it up.  The Commissionaires asked me what it was for and then picked visa type when I said it was for a green card application.  So I guess I just lost a whole month on that and have to start over on this step.   Argh. 

I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The Canadian police certificate process is really confusing and opaque – I hope you can get the mistake corrected easily and quickly.

35 minutes ago, wav_m said:

I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The Canadian police certificate process is really confusing and opaque – I hope you can get the mistake corrected easily and quickly.

Thank you. I don’t know if I should just start over or try to contact CCRTIS. I guess at least  I found this out before I submitted the wrong one to NVC which probably would of been an even longer delay.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Shades8 said:

i had requested the right one but they gave me the wrong one- it's a matter of them ticking the correct box at the bottom. it needs to be "personal" and "other".

if it helps at all, i think it typically takes 4-6 weeks for the right one to come!

here's a photo below of the correct one-

Certified-Criminal-Record-Check-Royal-Canadian-Mounted-Police-786x1024-1314315c-1920w.jpg

Timeline
11 minutes ago, 0508 said:

i had requested the right one but they gave me the wrong one- it's a matter of them ticking the correct box at the bottom. it needs to be "personal" and "other".

if it helps at all, i think it typically takes 4-6 weeks for the right one to come!

here's a photo below of the correct one-

Certified-Criminal-Record-Check-Royal-Canadian-Mounted-Police-786x1024-1314315c-1920w.jpg

I'll add that based on conversations with other people who have recently needed Canadian police certificates, the correct certificate no longer makes reference to 'databank CMP-PPU-030'. Mine (and others') read: 'Your application for personal information held in the National Repository of Criminal Records has been processed. No personal information about you was found in the National Repository of Criminal Records.'

I had to go back to the commissionaires and start over with a new request for the right one.  I am annoyed at myself for not paying attention to this detail.  When I went in a month ago I told them it was for a US green card applications and then just trusted she had picked the right type.  So I’m now looking at a 2 to 3 month delay just for this RCMP check.  Soooooo frustrating.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Shades8 said:

@wav_m is correct - the process is rather opaque and has caused confusion for many, many moons.  When you tell the agent "immigration", they assume for a visa for work or something like that and you often get a PRC with fingerprints.  They don't know that in reality, it's for permanent residency and that the US essentially wants the FBI holdings equivalent.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone
 I live in Calgary, Canada, and I would like to obtain a police certificate (certified criminal record check) for the purpose of the American green card, and I do not know how to get it and where to get it. I have been searching for a month, please help and guide me about the steps. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, I just received mine and it has my fingerprints and photo... I believe it is incorrect. The commissionaire who did it and the admin at the RCMP both had no idea what I was looking for. I printed the police certificate info from https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html and brought it with me to assist them but I am worried this is the wrong form....

Help! Do I need to go back and get another one? Can anyone advise what went wrong with mine and how I can communicate with them to ensure I receive the correct one?image.thumb.jpeg.d9da776045fc1b462c9a0a83553d01ae.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.