llcoolwil

US Medical Review for Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all! 

I had my medical appointment with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas on July 4th and I couldn't have been happier with how easy it was. My appointment was at 10:15AM and because I knew I'd have to fill out a questionnaire, I arrived 30 minutes early. As soon as I came in, I said my name and she asked for my ID. I left my passport in the car (idiot! lol) and then said I would be right back. She told me that I was fine because they already had my passport scan via email and just needed another photo ID to verify I was me. IMPORTANT: Make sure you bring your DS-260! Luckily I didn't forget THAT in the car lol

She gave me the questionnaire right away to fill out which only took maybe 5 minutes to fill it out. I handed it back and she immediately told me to go to room 1 to await the doctor. Dr. Mascarenhas came in about 10-15 minutes later and went through my vaccine checklist, asked me about any medical conditions and medications I was on then checked off things, handed me my requisition for blood work and sent me downstairs for X-Rays. Before I left the office, I paid the $350 for the appointment and then off I went. I was done with Dr Mascarenhas and X-rays before my appointment was even scheduled to begin at 10:15. 

Here's where it got long - blood work. They sent me over to Life Labs across the street (next to the Pizza Pizza) to go get that part done. When I walked in, they were already at a 111 minute wait. After about 100 minutes, I was finally seen and they did what they had to do. All in all, everything took me under 2 hours. 

SUPER easy! And I already got the email confirmation (just today actually) that they had sent me results and what not to the consulate. I think I should be good for my August 8 interview. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2023 at 4:52 PM, llcoolwil said:

Hey all! 

I had my medical appointment with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas on July 4th and I couldn't have been happier with how easy it was. My appointment was at 10:15AM and because I knew I'd have to fill out a questionnaire, I arrived 30 minutes early. As soon as I came in, I said my name and she asked for my ID. I left my passport in the car (idiot! lol) and then said I would be right back. She told me that I was fine because they already had my passport scan via email and just needed another photo ID to verify I was me. IMPORTANT: Make sure you bring your DS-260! Luckily I didn't forget THAT in the car lol

She gave me the questionnaire right away to fill out which only took maybe 5 minutes to fill it out. I handed it back and she immediately told me to go to room 1 to await the doctor. Dr. Mascarenhas came in about 10-15 minutes later and went through my vaccine checklist, asked me about any medical conditions and medications I was on then checked off things, handed me my requisition for blood work and sent me downstairs for X-Rays. Before I left the office, I paid the $350 for the appointment and then off I went. I was done with Dr Mascarenhas and X-rays before my appointment was even scheduled to begin at 10:15. 

Here's where it got long - blood work. They sent me over to Life Labs across the street (next to the Pizza Pizza) to go get that part done. When I walked in, they were already at a 111 minute wait. After about 100 minutes, I was finally seen and they did what they had to do. All in all, everything took me under 2 hours. 

SUPER easy! And I already got the email confirmation (just today actually) that they had sent me results and what not to the consulate. I think I should be good for my August 8 interview. 

I have medical next week. There are some intermittent road closure in Toronto downtown for the next week. I am not quite familiar with Toronto area. Do you know if the parking is easily available near Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas clinic? May appointment is 8:30 am

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

I have medical next week. There are some intermittent road closure in Toronto downtown for the next week. I am not quite familiar with Toronto area. Do you know if the parking is easily available near Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas clinic? May appointment is 8:30 am

There is parking across the street in an underground parking garage. Their website has the info for you :)

Timeline

Did you need to bring a medical exam letter or anything to the consulate for your interview? Dr. Mascarenhas told me he would send everything regarding the medical examination directly to the consulate.

Edited by nap782

Timeline
32 minutes ago, nap782 said:

Did you need to bring a medical exam letter or anything to the consulate for your interview? Dr. Mascarenhas told me he would send everything regarding the medical examination directly to the consulate.

Nope! Everything was sent to them for me. No issues. 

Timeline

Good to know for a heads up to make an appointment with LifeLabs.  They're the worst for wait if you walk in without an appointment.  

1 hour ago, MRJ9987 said:

Good to know for a heads up to make an appointment with LifeLabs.  They're the worst for wait if you walk in without an appointment.  

LifeLab work is only needed now if you <=45 years old as per  new requirements  told by Dr.

Edited by Leo The Great

Do i need to take the printout of vaccination worksheet and the information sheet received in the confirmation email to interview?

Timeline
On 9/14/2023 at 1:08 PM, Leo The Great said:

Do i need to take the printout of vaccination worksheet and the information sheet received in the confirmation email to interview?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.