6 posts in this topic

My k1 visa case was transfer to NVC since January 2023, and I didn't officially get a welcome letter from nvc but I was given a case number and invoice ID through an email. Since then, I've not been instructed to pay any fees, and when I contacted NVC, they said that I'll be notified when my case is transfer to the US consulate in Liberia, and they also told me that the US Embassy in Liberia is temporarily closed, but I checked in with the embassy here and they said that they are fully operational. As it stands I'm confused and don't understand the entire process anymore, I'll be grateful if anyone in here can share their experience or offer knowledge on NVC timeline and process and what I should expect. Thanks 

5 hours ago, Mart_Cy said:

My k1 visa case was transfer to NVC since January 2023, and I didn't officially get a welcome letter from nvc but I was given a case number and invoice ID through an email. Since then, I've not been instructed to pay any fees, and when I contacted NVC, they said that I'll be notified when my case is transfer to the US consulate in Liberia, and they also told me that the US Embassy in Liberia is temporarily closed, but I checked in with the embassy here and they said that they are fully operational.

That does not sound like a normal timeline, unless your embassy is severely backlogged – which might be the case. Have you checked your consulate page here on visa journey to see how long it normally takes to get an interview?

Unfortunately, I don't know much about what avenues we can take at this stage of the process, but perhaps you could explain the situation to your embassy, provided they're not backed up? Maybe they could request the case on your behalf, I don't know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mart_Cy said:

My k1 visa case was transfer to NVC since January 2023, and I didn't officially get a welcome letter from nvc but I was given a case number and invoice ID through an email. Since then, I've not been instructed to pay any fees, and when I contacted NVC, they said that I'll be notified when my case is transfer to the US consulate in Liberia, and they also told me that the US Embassy in Liberia is temporarily closed, but I checked in with the embassy here and they said that they are fully operational. As it stands I'm confused and don't understand the entire process anymore, I'll be grateful if anyone in here can share their experience or offer knowledge on NVC timeline and process and what I should expect. Thanks 

Hi @Mart_Cy, I empathise with you. This process is not easy at all. First thing I would advise is to check the CEAC status of your case: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

you will need your case number here. Then fill out the DS-160 form asap. You will need the confirmation page for your consular interview. 
Also start gathering the evidence you need for the process, as listed here. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#1

Last question were you contacting the embassy in person or via public enquiry?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Mart_Cy said:

Thanks for the response. I just checked my status and it says "AT NVC". And yes I went at the embassy but could only managed to speak with the security.

We haven't been told by nvc to pay any fees yet or submit any documents. So can I complete the ds-160 form now? 

Yeah go for it! It needs to be filled out by the beneficiary and it requires a digital passport photo. I think it takes about 90mins to complete if you have all the information to hand. Make sure keep the confirmation letter (print it/get an email copy for printing later) once complete. 

Also maybe get the petitioner to raise a public enquiry to get some more information about your case. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

I’ve attached a photo of the NVC shipping dates: the next CEAC statuses to expect are “in transit”, “ready” (when you petition has reached the embassy)

Also the embassy in Liberia might not know anything about your case, as it hasn’t reached them yet. 

Might be worth joining the January approvals group if you haven’t already https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/794121-january-2023-k1-to-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/#comments

Good luck! I hope you get some movement soon! 

9908BA74-423F-453C-84FC-C6B210CA73DD.jpeg

Edited by Want_Serenity
Wanted to address what was said about the embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.