thebomb

IR1- & tourist visa questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Ok here is my situation and questions

My spouse and I got married June 30th in el Salvador… I am currently getting the paperwork together to file the I-129 F and I-130 we have all the documents that we need.. Now since the documents originally are in Spanish to they need to have a English translation? And if the translation would be excepted from El Salvador with a Apostile?

Now im sure this next question has been asked what are the current wait times Approximately for getting the NC1 if filed now after june 30th I saw in the forms here that the process is changing and they are adding a 5.00 up charge on them.. I know I have to send it to the Nebraska center since im currently in TN. But is there something I should ad on to that?

Also my spouse already has a tourist visa to get into the united states she has been here and I have been there a few times.. If she uses the tourist visa to gain entry into the united states is there something we can do to change her status>? Is there another form we can fill out if we want to be together while the I130 or i129 f is being processed? I don’t want to commit fraud so poe would be told im here to see my husband will that have a negative effect on her application or visa processing?

Timeline

let me add to this.. since i have not filed yet becuase still waiting for apstile.. is there a sponership that i can do for her to stay in the us i think if she comes and then we file she can stay right ?? im so confused and i really want to be with her :( she does have a house residence job ect and even can get a flight ticket is it not ok to viit the us while this process is on going ?

Timeline

have the ability to apply for AOS (I-485) if she comes here if i file ths form is it more expensive. jail time ect.. i have rarely heard of anyone being deported for this type of entry is it really logical to think this can hapen what would be the chances?

sorry to keep asking but i keep finding more questions then answers

• 1 month later...

I just translated the documents myself (such as birth certificate and marriage certificate from El Salvador). Then at the bottom of my typed translation, I added a line saying, "I, NAME, certify that I am able and competent to translate the above documents to the English language" or something of the sort. They accepted it. Staple it to an original copy in the original language.

tara and noe

http://noeandtara.blogspot.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Now im sure this next question has been asked what are the current wait times Approximately for getting the NC1 if filed now after june 30th I saw in the forms here that the process is changing and they are adding a 5.00 up charge on them.. I know I have to send it to the Nebraska center since im currently in TN. But is there something I should ad on to that?

Also my spouse already has a tourist visa to get into the united states she has been here and I have been there a few times.. If she uses the tourist visa to gain entry into the united states is there something we can do to change her status>? Is there another form we can fill out if we want to be together while the I130 or i129 f is being processed? I don’t want to commit fraud so poe would be told im here to see my husband will that have a negative effect on her application or visa processing?

I guess you could file for Advance Parole, but it's my impression that they don't give out AP to folks waiting for a K-3,K-1, or CR1/IR1 visa unless you can demonstrate severe hardship on the US Citizen.

If your spouse has a valid tourist visa to visit the US, then it may be ok to visit. Always during the process, if you are lucky enough to have a visitor visa, bring along evidence of your ties to your home country (i.e. rent or house payment, utilities, ticket stub for journey back to El Salvador, etc) and copies of your paperwork (i.e. your NOA's etc) . Always be honest at the POE. But don't offer up information if they aren't asking for it. And remember that even though you may have a visitor's visa, there is always the possibility that you will get turned away at the POE.

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.