Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-864 for K2 follow-to-join

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

:help: I came on K1 and applying for AOS now.My son is getting his K2 in 2 months, so we will apply for his AOS when he comes,which will be later.

Should the I-864 for me mention him as well, or will we have to make a separate I-864 for him later?

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

12 July 2007 Interview in Vancouver, RFE

17 July 2007 Visa in hand

18 July 2007 Arrived in the US

07 Aug 07 Married

29 Aug 07 Applied for AOS

20 Oct 07 Biometrics scheduled

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

if I remember the directions correctly, if your child is immigrating within 6 months of the time you enter the USA on your visa, you would list them on the I-864. you can then use a copy of your I-864 when you submit your child's AOS.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.