tm56

general visa frustrations

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi folks

well, this is marginally related to K-1 stuff but I thought perhaps some of you could shed some light on this, share my frustrations, or add your own thoughts..

before we knew about the fiance visa, Bruno interviewed for a tourist visa to try to come to the US to meet my side of life (as I had been going to Brasil, had met all his family/friends/lifestyle and he wanted to do the same...) He interviewed in March and was denied on the basis of a lack of sufficient evidence that he had strong enough ties to return (although the interviewer barely gave him the time of day and didnt even give him a chance to show the supporting documentation he had brought; that he had a steady job, a son in the country, and was in the process of finishing divorce proceedings which he obviously needed to be around for...). Basically, she just asked him 'why do you want to go to the US' and he, being an honest person and not wanting to lie, told the truth - that his girlfriend lives there, he wanted to go and spend his 1 month of yearly vacation, meet her (my) family, etc....

Recenly (again before we started thinking about K-1), he wanted to try again for the tourist visa because he was told he had the right to try again within 6 months on the same $100 USD fee he had already paid. When he went to try to schedule the appt, he was told he couldnt try again for an entire YEAR because apparently they had marked him as 'trying to immigrate' or something like that.

So what it seems to come down to is that he is being punished for telling the truth....but didnt even get to completely present his case...at least this is how I feel about it, and feel extremely frustrated! It seems unfair that the american consulate has the authority to do this, but I suppose they do....

???

underwater love

hi folks

well, this is marginally related to K-1 stuff but I thought perhaps some of you could shed some light on this, share my frustrations, or add your own thoughts..

before we knew about the fiance visa, Bruno interviewed for a tourist visa to try to come to the US to meet my side of life (as I had been going to Brasil, had met all his family/friends/lifestyle and he wanted to do the same...) He interviewed in March and was denied on the basis of a lack of sufficient evidence that he had strong enough ties to return (although the interviewer barely gave him the time of day and didnt even give him a chance to show the supporting documentation he had brought; that he had a steady job, a son in the country, and was in the process of finishing divorce proceedings which he obviously needed to be around for...). Basically, she just asked him 'why do you want to go to the US' and he, being an honest person and not wanting to lie, told the truth - that his girlfriend lives there, he wanted to go and spend his 1 month of yearly vacation, meet her (my) family, etc....

Recenly (again before we started thinking about K-1), he wanted to try again for the tourist visa because he was told he had the right to try again within 6 months on the same $100 USD fee he had already paid. When he went to try to schedule the appt, he was told he couldnt try again for an entire YEAR because apparently they had marked him as 'trying to immigrate' or something like that.

So what it seems to come down to is that he is being punished for telling the truth....but didnt even get to completely present his case...at least this is how I feel about it, and feel extremely frustrated! It seems unfair that the american consulate has the authority to do this, but I suppose they do....

???

About half (40-50%) of the 12 million illegal aliens in this country, don't cross the border illegally. They simply overstay a previous visa. So yes, the government has gotten very picky as to who it grants a visa to. If your single without a lot of ties to your country of origin, getting a tourist visa is next to impossible. Especially if there is a large economic disparity between the US and your finacees country.

I would suggest seeing if your parents or family would want to travel down to Brazil or in a third country where your fiancee and family can meet. Otherwise, you will need to wait for the K-1 to be approved.

keTiiDCjGVo