lostinfrance

Embassy Paris for I-130 today

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

FYI

We arrived around 6:45am and the gendarmes told us that people usually started showing up at 7/7:30. (We parked right by the Embassy, btw, in the underground Vinci parking lot.)

After a short wait, Embassy security started checking our papers and such and told us to advance to the second waiting area, still outside. About 6 - 7 other people had arrived by then. After security checks inside, etc, we were sitting and waiting, kiosk ticket number in hand.

At 9am, they called us as we had been first in line for I-130s. We went to a window and the French employee there gave our papers a first run-through, correcting things as she went with a red pen, giving us back some copies that we'd made, etc. I wish I could have had a copy of the corrections - she was doing it so fast, we couldn't keep track...!

She asked to see a couple of our original documents and asked a few ?s about why we were going to the States, where we would be living... Nothing spectacular. Then, I was sent me off to pay at Window 20. After paying and showing the same employee our receipt, she told us to sit near Window 10. We were called shortly. Behind Window 10 was an American who, again, asked questions and finally told us our Petition was approved and explained that we'd be receiving something in the mail in 3-4 weeks.

All in all, a very efficient process. The Embassy personnel were all friendly, patient and helpful. In took exactly one hour - we were out of the Embassy by 10am.

Parking was 13 euros and change. Drink machines in the lobby, photomats, Chronopost machines, and even Internet are available. LOTS of chairs, and water fountains for those on a budget.

:P

are you sure that your I-130 was approved or did you misunderstand it by being accepted? Since no embassy is able to approve a I-130 anymore on the same day due to the Adam Walsh law, they have to do a FBI backround check on the US Citizen which can take up to 90 days!!!

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

Filed: Country: France
Timeline
are you sure that your I-130 was approved or did you misunderstand it by being accepted? Since no embassy is able to approve a I-130 anymore on the same day due to the Adam Walsh law, they have to do a FBI backround check on the US Citizen which can take up to 90 days!!!

I distinctly remember the Embassy employee using the word 'approved' but she wasn't saying that my spouse's green card was on its way. She was saying that we had passed the first hurdle and that the next step would be preparing everything they ask for in the package she said we would receive in 3 - 4 weeks.

But she did use the word 'approved' for our Petition. And she stamped it and signed off on it simultaneously as she said it.

Is this definitely true? I'm quite sure I've heard of a few people recently receiving approval on their petitions the same day.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Is this definitely true? I'm quite sure I've heard of a few people recently receiving approval on their petitions the same day.

Hi,

I'm on the way for the CR1 in Paris . I'll have my final interview in September.

So it's true that they accept your I130 the same day, but it will be approved after checking ( FBI or others things) and you will received your new package to prepare ( I received it in 1 week !!!!).

Regards

Manu

then I wonder why everybody else has to wait forever for a approval? To bad we are not residing in France :lol:

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

then I wonder why everybody else has to wait forever for a approval? To bad we are not residing in France :lol:

I wonder a bit too... I filed in London and had to wait almost three months for approval.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Definitely true and I believe it totally depends on the embassy where you apply. We were also (accepted AND)approved the same day we lodged the I-130 application at the Johannesburg consulate. It seems each embassy has their own procedures. We received packet 3 one week from the date our I-130 was accepted.

Good luck and congratulations!

~Karen

5/30/2007 - filed I-130 DCF in Johannesburg

5/30/2007 - I-130 accepted and approved

6/11/2007 - received packet 3

6/18/2007 - returned DS-230 Part I

7/05/2007 - returned packet 3 checklist

7/13/2007 - received packet 4

7/26/2007 - medical

8/13/2007 - interview - APPROVED!!

8/14/2007 - picked up visa and POE envelope

10/8/2007 - POE Chicago

....can't believe it is over....

7/10/2009 I-751 mailed

7/13/2009 I-751 received

7/16/2009 check cashed

7/20/2009 I-751 NOA received

7/21/2009 ASC Appt Notice received

8/08/2009 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.