Chloe Girl

Contacting US Embassy-Islamabad + DIV interview

3 posts in this topic

Hello VisaJourney community.

[I had originally posted this in someone's thread but now realized I should've posted it separately. So here it is again....]

I am hoping this helpful community can offer some advice..... I am helping an Afghan national reunite with his family. The husband evacuated to the US at the end of August 2021, as a humanitarian parole. The blast at the Kabul airport separated this family; his wife with their 2 very young sons were stranded in Kabul. In May 2022, his wife (and sons) were selected in the 2023 DIV lottery via a notification letter from KCC. Her case number is in the low 9000s. In Sept 2022, she completed the necessary application along with pertinent docs and successfully submitted all to KCC. She has since managed to relocate into Pakistan (yes she has a valid Pakistani visa). In her foresight, she designated the US Embassy in Islamabad to be her preferred interview location. She recently contacted KCC for status update and their response has been general: "case is active" and 'not everyone who is randomly selected in the lottery gets an interview or a visa'. Question: Can she contact the US Embassy in Islamabad DIRECTLY for a status update specifically on her case? If yes, how? Everyone's comments much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Chloe Girl

1 hour ago, Chloe Girl said:

Hello VisaJourney community.

[I had originally posted this in someone's thread but now realized I should've posted it separately. So here it is again....]

I am hoping this helpful community can offer some advice..... I am helping an Afghan national reunite with his family. The husband evacuated to the US at the end of August 2021, as a humanitarian parole. The blast at the Kabul airport separated this family; his wife with their 2 very young sons were stranded in Kabul. In May 2022, his wife (and sons) were selected in the 2023 DIV lottery via a notification letter from KCC. Her case number is in the low 9000s. In Sept 2022, she completed the necessary application along with pertinent docs and successfully submitted all to KCC. She has since managed to relocate into Pakistan (yes she has a valid Pakistani visa). In her foresight, she designated the US Embassy in Islamabad to be her preferred interview location. She recently contacted KCC for status update and their response has been general: "case is active" and 'not everyone who is randomly selected in the lottery gets an interview or a visa'. Question: Can she contact the US Embassy in Islamabad DIRECTLY for a status update specifically on her case? If yes, how? Everyone's comments much appreciated. Thank you.

You can try emailing the consulate.   That one has like a two year backup for interviews though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.