dundeehighlander

SSN problem and query

19 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, root_root_user said:

SSA does check the SAVE system to verify status. It did not show the correct code for some time and I had to wait about a month. It might be worthwhile to check if a case was created in the SAVE system: https://www.uscis.gov/save/save-casecheck

I did check on SAVE and my SSN case is under review and will be reviewed again in 40 days of not updated, pretty much what she said.  However, I think I need to go back to social security to hurry this along because it's been two months since GC and I should be legally able to have work authorization removed, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Thanks for everyone's input and if anyone has any other thoughts then it would be great to see them.

Thanks again guys, this forum has been so helpful to me during the entire process and couldn't have got where I am without many many great pieces of advice.

38 minutes ago, dundeehighlander said:

I did check on SAVE and my SSN case is under review and will be reviewed again in 40 days of not updated, pretty much what she said.  However, I think I need to go back to social security to hurry this along because it's been two months since GC and I should be legally able to have work authorization removed, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Involve your congressman or senator's aide dealing with government agencies.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I would advise to try a different office/officer. I actually removed work authorization restrictions on my green card recently. I had an expired green card with an extension letter for removing conditions. The first office I tried had about 3 hour wait line. I said no way I am waiting that long. So I went to a different office that was 5 miles away from the original one. They had no line and the officer was super friendly and helpful. Did everything in 10 minutes. It did not look like he had to check anything in the online system. Try a different office. Good luck! 🤞 🤞 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.