Lynxyonok

Adding foreign fiancé/fiancée to credit card: Hidden dangers

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Several months ago, I added my foreign fiancée as an authorized user on one of my credit cards.

The intent was for her to have access to money during the interview process as well as to prove to airlines that she does indeed have a card that tickets are bought with.

Fast-forward to now...

The bank reported to a credit agency that someone else "lives" with me.

That agency reported to my car insurance company that there is an "extra" driver.

The car insurance:

- served me with a bill, as my fiancée is now showing as residing with me despite living 8,000 miles away

- served me with a non-renewal notice, as I had exposed them to unnecessary risks

Yes, it is that archaic for companies not to realize in 2023 that:

- not every family is limited to one set of four walls

- not every adult will drive

But, as Russians say, translated, that's how it is.

Be safe, and be careful folks...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.