snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

554 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, whereisme said:

Hi @Laulau thanks for the info. Quick questions, after your PD was current, did you receive your IL right away, in the first week or something? Did you see any changes in your application on the ceac site? What was your embassy?

Thanks again and have a nice trip

Depends on embassy capacity. For instance, london is very fast. But still you need to wait few weeks to months even if your PD is current. No change in ceac until you receive your IL.

hope it helps

Edited by snm2212

46 minutes ago, whereisme said:

Hi @Laulau thanks for the info. Quick questions, after your PD was current, did you receive your IL right away, in the first week or something? Did you see any changes in your application on the ceac site? What was your embassy?

Hi! Thank you!

My PD became current on December, and the next month, specifically on January 5th a received my IL, my embassy was Bogota, I am from Venezuela, but our embassy is closed.

The only change was that it said “In transit” on the CEAC site! And near the appointment it said “Ready”

7 hours ago, whereisme said:

Nobody will get an IL straight away, it takes time to be added to the queue once the PD is current, then scheduled for interview. Even the quickest consulates won't be immediate. And some consulates have really long queues (2 years or more), so it does very much vary. 

If you can please fill in your timeline it would be really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I had my interview today. It went well. It was scheduled for 9.30 am and We reached embassy at 9.20 😂😂

But we were able to skip queue as it was immigrant visa. 

Officer asked me few questions as below:

1. My education 

2. Where do you plan to stay in the US?

3. When were you married? Is she your first wife? 😂😂

4. is that your only child?

5. Do you plan to work in academia or industry in the US?

I was also asked for bank statements. Since we don’t need it. Still i had taken payslips which I provided to them.

She told me that we were approved. My ceac still shows interview ready but case update date has changed. I am not sure what and when it should show changes.

Anyways, hope to receive passports soon. 

Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. Will keep you updated 

47 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

Hello all. I had my interview today. It went well. It was scheduled for 9.30 am and We reached embassy at 9.20 😂😂

But we were able to skip queue as it was immigrant visa. 

Officer asked me few questions as below:

1. My education 

2. Where do you plan to stay in the US?

3. When were you married? Is she your first wife? 😂😂

4. is that your only child?

5. Do you plan to work in academia or industry in the US?

I was also asked for bank statements. Since we don’t need it. Still i had taken payslips which I provided to them.

She told me that we were approved. My ceac still shows interview ready but case update date has changed. I am not sure what and when it should show changes.

Anyways, hope to receive passports soon. 

Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. Will keep you updated 

Hi! 
congrats!

In my case, I had my interview on a  Monday, on Wednesday it showed ready, and on Thursday I got my passport back!

hope this helps

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone I also got my interview on 14th of March in Ankara. I received my passport with E2 visa in 3 days after interview. Similar questions were asked to me( my plan in the US, my major etc) 

Hello All,

I checked visa status. It has just been issued. I would like to thank everyone for your help and suggestions throughout this Journey. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

FOr those who are already in the US, how long did it take to receive green card? And also social security number. I plan to open bank account and also apply for credit card in the US . But I will be there oly for 4 days. Can I open account with stamp on passport and without SSN? Hoping for your suggestions

2 hours ago, snm2212 said:

FOr those who are already in the US, how long did it take to receive green card? And also social security number. I plan to open bank account and also apply for credit card in the US . But I will be there oly for 4 days. Can I open account with stamp on passport and without SSN? Hoping for your suggestions

The SSN cards took about 10 days. Family of four, one did not arrive. All four green cards arrived in 39 days. I opened an account with Capital One online, had to upload passport and SSN. They do not require your visa, just an ID and your SSN.

14 minutes ago, Ernie73 said:

The SSN cards took about 10 days. Family of four, one did not arrive. All four green cards arrived in 39 days. I opened an account with Capital One online, had to upload passport and SSN. They do not require your visa, just an ID and your SSN.

Thanks @Ernie73 . Much appreciated. So, I wont be in the US when my SSN arrives. Its okay if i can open bank account online later. Thanks again.

Just now, snm2212 said:

Thanks @Ernie73 . Much appreciated. So, I wont be in the US when my SSN arrives. Its okay if i can open bank account online later. Thanks again.

Yeah, we had left the US before they arrived. No problems opening an account online. However, make sure you get yourself a US number. The importance of having a US number can not be overstated. You'll need it to activate the account and for various other things. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie73 said:

Yeah, we had left the US before they arrived. No problems opening an account online. However, make sure you get yourself a US number. The importance of having a US number can not be overstated. You'll need it to activate the account and for various other things. 

That was also my other question. SInce, i will be out of states for few months (7-8 months). I was exploring sim option. But most of them ask to get a plan for sim which is i suppose a waste of money if u arenot staying for several months. Is there any option for sim like pay as you go? sorry for being silly

9 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

That was also my other question. SInce, i will be out of states for few months (7-8 months). I was exploring sim option. But most of them ask to get a plan for sim which is i suppose a waste of money if u arenot staying for several months. Is there any option for sim like pay as you go? sorry for being silly

I have US Mobile, not all of their plans have native roaming. I've got the $29 per month 'unlimited starter' and it works fine. I've heard of Telo as well but don't have any experience with them. I'm sure you can find some cheaper ones that don't include calling and are data only but those won't work for banking.

DM me if you want 👍

Edited by Ernie73

18 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

I'd be careful about being out of the US for 7-8 months if you haven't already established ties to the US, that seems very risky to me. Anyway that you can make it less?

SSN is usually 7-10 days, our GC's were 6 weeks but it can take up to 90 days. Do you have a UK Amex card by any chance? If you do then you can open up a US one online (super quick and easy), and that will give you an instant credit score - mine went from 0 to 750 instantly doing that, with a $15k credit limit too.  

I got a US number with Mint Mobile before I moved, so I have the two SIM's on my phone and can switch between the two easily (and still get UK texts from my UK bank etc). You won't need it until you actually move though, so no need to pay for months you won't use. 

Edited by appleblossom

27 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I'd be careful about being out of the US for 7-8 months if you haven't already established ties to the US, that seems very risky to me. Anyway that you can make it less?

SSN is usually 7-10 days, our GC's were 6 weeks but it can take up to 90 days. Do you have a UK Amex card by any chance? If you do then you can open up a US one online (super quick and easy), and that will give you an instant credit score - mine went from 0 to 750 instantly doing that, with a $15k credit limit too.  

I got a US number with Mint Mobile before I moved, so I have the two SIM's on my phone and can switch between the two easily (and still get UK texts from my UK bank etc). You won't need it until you actually move though, so no need to pay for months you won't use. 

This is really useful for those who have AMEX in the UK, did you have to have at hand the SSN and a job when applying for an AMEX card in the US?

Your feedback is so useful!! Thanks!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.