7 posts in this topic

Good morning all,

When we initially filed our i-485 we misunderstood the instructions and did not send our i-693 with our initial application. Unsurprisingly we have an RFE request this information. However we recently moved and we've been searching everywhere for the original envelope and can't find it. Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Did you need to get a new exam, were you able to reach out to the people who originally did your exam to get a new copy? It's been a year and a half since originally filing so I don't even know if the exam is still valid if we didn't send it with the original paperwork. Anyway, huge mess but any advice would be appreciated!

11 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

If you're adjusting from a K1, the medical was in the sealed packet handed to CBP.

What you must send is the vaccination record -DS-3025- which should have been handed to you after the medical. It is a single piece of paper that looks like this: 

form-ds-3025-vaccination-documentation-w

The RFE we received says to submit i-693, report of medical exam and vaccine information. So it sounds to me like they need a new copy of the medical exam.. but that is good info unfortunately that vaccine record doesn't look familiar to either of us so I'm not sure if they gave us a copy 

8 minutes ago, AbigailB08 said:

The RFE we received says to submit i-693, report of medical exam and vaccine information. So it sounds to me like they need a new copy of the medical exam.. but that is good info unfortunately that vaccine record doesn't look familiar to either of us so I'm not sure if they gave us a copy 

When did you file for AOS?

And you can call the medical facility where the exam took place and ask if they have a copy they can send you. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Still not clear if you did a medical overseas ( ex K-1 visa..and as is common never got a copy from clinic) but you should bite the bullet and get a new ai-693 as you may get approved w interview waiver. 
Even if you manage to get a true copy , it will prove a headache if it’s incomplete …or has missing data on vaccines

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.