Na-yeon

Field office or Service center

5 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I got 2 updates on my case today. It says fingerprint have been applied and Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.

Does this mean my case was sent to another service center or it's been sent to my field office?

If field office, that definitely means an interview right?

Thanks for your input.

You should receive a notification soon. 

It sounds to me that it might have been a different service center to process your case "faster".

In general, when it is transferred to your local office the status reads "case transferred and another office has jurisdiction" and soon after it changes to "case is ready to schedule an interview".

Keep checking the status as anything - or nothing- could happen. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

4 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You should receive a notification soon. 

It sounds to me that it might have been a different service center to process your case "faster".

In general, when it is transferred to your local office the status reads "case transferred and another office has jurisdiction" and soon after it changes to "case is ready to schedule an interview".

Keep checking the status as anything - or nothing- could happen. 

It will be a shame if they sent it to a different service center for "faster" processing. First they sent a RFE, confirmed receiving it and it took them 31days to give this update today.

The time it would take to transfer could have been spent just approving. Whew!

Thank you for the response 

1 minute ago, Na-yeon said:

It will be a shame if they sent it to a different service center for "faster" processing. First they sent a RFE, confirmed receiving it and it took them 31days to give this update today.

The time it would take to transfer could have been spent just approving. Whew!

Thank you for the response 

If it was after an RFE then the chances of being transferred to your local office increase - we were transferred to our local office a week after responding to a request for evidence-.

Let's hope it is all for you to be approved very soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.