OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

571 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

OK, so you can't file yet, but hopefully it won't be too much longer (assuming you come under Rest of World of course).

I'm following this thread as although I'm EB1, I'm about to submit documents and enter the queue for an appointment at London, so keeping a close eye on how long it takes for everybody here to get their interviews. There doesn't seem as much info out there about employment based IV's as there is about family ones, so it's really useful info. Hope it's not long for everybody to wait. Good luck! 

My PD is Jul 22nd 2022

I submitted on Mar 1st and still didn’t hear back. When is your PD?

5 minutes ago, dolibash said:

My PD is Jul 22nd 2022

I submitted on Mar 1st and still didn’t hear back. When is your PD?

As long as your country of birth isn't China or India then you're fine and hopefully will get DQ'ed very soon.

My PD is 8th Feb 2023, but my category is Current.

Hope you hear something very soon.

On 3/21/2023 at 11:38 PM, dolibash said:

I have submitted to NVC on Mar 2nd, still no feedback for being DQ'ed. hopefully soon. I am interested to know about the interview wait time

@dolibash any update on being DQed?

9 hours ago, snm2212 said:

Ur submitted on March 3 right. Mine is 6th. Hopefully I need to wait more than you. Keep us updated 

9 hours ago, snm2212 said:

Ur submitted on March 3 right. Mine is 6th. Hopefully I need to wait more than you. Keep us updated 

I submitted on Mar 1st, my DS-260 along with fees was submitted on Feb 5th. 

8 hours ago, dolibash said:

Did everyone noticed that NVC did not update their timeframe this Monday?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing

It happens sometimes. I have found this issue before a well. They will update soon. And nothing to worry about I guess. 

9 hours ago, dolibash said:

Oh oh. Did you send any inquiry to them? BTW I just send an inquiry to them just now. Lets hope for their positive response.

it would've been super nice if anyone in London with EB2-NIW stuck around to provide the rest of us with an overall timeframe after having an interview date. I'm still waiting to be DQ'd (civil documents submitted on the 24th of March) and I'll post updates here when I have any.

2 minutes ago, Eren said:

it would've been super nice if anyone in London with EB2-NIW stuck around to provide the rest of us with an overall timeframe after having an interview date. I'm still waiting to be DQ'd (civil documents submitted on the 24th of March) and I'll post updates here when I have any.

After an interview, then if all is well, it should only be a couple of week before the passport is returned. It doesn't take long for the visa to be printed and for it to be couriered back. That's the same for all visa routes, our passports were recently returned (O visas) after 10 days. 

13 hours ago, dolibash said:

I hope you hear very soon. Our civil docs have just been picked up today by UPS for our EB-1, should be delivered to the US on Monday so I'll be almost exactly a month behind you.

Every time I get an alert that somebody has posted in this thread I hope it's somebody that's had their IL, but not yet! Hopefully soon for all.  

26 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

After an interview, then if all is well, it should only be a couple of week before the passport is returned. It doesn't take long for the visa to be printed and for it to be couriered back. That's the same for all visa routes, our passports were recently returned (O visas) after 10 days. 

I meant the timeframe between submitting civil documents and interview. how long it takes. bcuz so far we only have the timeframe up until DQ. no one who has an interview date has replied to the thread so far.

Edited by Eren

3 minutes ago, Eren said:

I meant the timeframe between submitting civil documents and interview. how long it takes. bcuz so far we only have the timeframe up until DQ.

Oh, I see. You can search for timelines on the forum, but if it's anything like EB1 they are very rare, I only found two and both were from last year so not really much use for knowing current timescales. This thread is the only recent-ish one I've found for EB interviews at London.

Edited by appleblossom

2 minutes ago, Eren said:

I meant the timeframe between submitting civil documents and interview. how long it takes. bcuz so far we only have the timeframe up until DQ.

It seems like the time frame shown in NVC site is not for us (EB2 and mailed case). One of our member here is recently DQed in 24 days. Another guy and I am waiting for more than 21 days... However, for other categories, they have been receiving updates in 14-16 days (exactly as NVC timeframe). Same goes to IL after being DQed.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.