OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

585 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, As2024 said:

My interview was on 15 march , 2 days ago was last update , but status is still refuse and has not been changed to “adminisrative processing “ . They sent you email and wanted you to complete DS5535 and resend it to them ? If so , you did it ? 

Yes , they asked me to complete 5535. For you ? 

Ah. No, I didn't go through extra AP or have to complete the 5535. As @Boiler said, are you a third country national? If so, which country?

Just now, snm2212 said:

i was told approved after interview and nothing was given to me or asked. Hopefully i will receive passport soon. Anxious though 😅

Then you're not in AP, and I'd reckon you'll have your passport back by middle to end of next week. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, paxi said:

Hi Folks, 

I was DQ'ed on the 5th of January 2024. My priority date is from Aug 20. I was wondering by when should i expect to hear about the interview? As per my expectation i should've already received the notification for an interview. 

The wait time for an interview is very varied, and depends on the consulate. So which one is your case at? Please fill in your timeline, thanks.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:15 PM, As2024 said:

You can check your status at ceac website and see when is last updated . I will also inform you once I see new update . 

I just checked and it has been issued. Hopefully you will receive your visa soon. 

13 hours ago, paxi said:

Sure:

DQ Jan 10 - 2024

Case Transferred to London Embassy Oct 10 2023

PD  Aug 10 - 202

Type: EB2

Given these details by when should i expect the interview call?

Has it definitely been accepted by London? You should have had your IL by now if so. What does your online status say? 

1 hour ago, paxi said:

I mean I have a London number for my IV application. For the case it says that it is still at nvc ( I transferred the case while it was at nvc). Any advice on how I should inquire about the case and the current timelines?

Have you had confirmation that London have accepted the case? Assume you’re living in the UK?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Have you had confirmation that London have accepted the case? Assume you’re living in the UK?

Your patience is outstanding.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, paxi said:

I mean I have a London number for my IV application. For the case it says that it is still at nvc ( I transferred the case while it was at nvc). Any advice on how I should inquire about the case and the current timelines?

I also have transferred my case to LND at NVC stage. Once it’s transferred, your case number is LNDxxxxx. 

according to you, your case is still at NVC. Its worth asking NVC for updates and not the embassy 

My case number is LDNXXXXX.

However, if i go https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV to check my status it still says that the case is with NVC. I think it makes sense that the case is only transferred from NVC to the embassy once the embassy organizes an interview? So till that is done the case will still be with NVC

PD: AUG 2020
DG: Jan 11 2024

Hopefully the IL comes next month?

Just now, paxi said:

My case number is LDNXXXXX.

However, if i go https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV to check my status it still says that the case is with NVC. I think it makes sense that the case is only transferred from NVC to the embassy once the embassy organizes an interview? So till that is done the case will still be with NVC

PD: AUG 2020
DG: Jan 11 2024

Hopefully the IL comes next month?

Yes you are correct. Its still at NVC. Just have patience and wait for IL to be organised by NVC.

May be try asking for an update with NVC using inquiry form. 

7 hours ago, paxi said:

Thanks. I'll raise an inquiry and try to get an update from them.

I would do. I thought maybe London hadn't accepted your case (as from your previous posts, it sounds like you were only visiting London and don't actually live in the UK - and London is very strict on residency), but if you think they have then I'd definitely chase it up as you should have had an IL by now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.