Aelius

Is it ok to send checklist from packet 3 while waiting for documents?

5 posts in this topic

Timeline

I just started the process of getting my long-form birth certificate and a police background check certificate. But is it fine to send my packet 3 checklist (along with DS-160 receipt and passport scan) while I wait for those two documents? I'm not sure if I'm required to actually have the documents before sending the checklist and eventually scheduling an interview. I figure since it'll probably be at least a month before the interview, that's plenty of time.

Worst case scenario, if I don't have the documents in time, I assume I can reschedule the interview, right?

Thanks!

Edited by Aelius

Contrary to Ontarkie's stubborn insistence, this question is neither a duplicate nor in the wrong forum. The thread to which that question was wrongly merged asked when it's best to file AOS. The second question, the one linked, asks about whether/who to notify about moving. It was posted in the K1 forum, which is where it belongs. It doesn't belong in the K1 AOS forum because it doesn't ask anything about AOS.

Reality does not change by silencing those who reveal it.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Norine said:

Once your status is "Ready" in CEAC, embassy will mail P3 letter to US petitioner. Then you can sent P3 checklist,passport and ds 160 to embassy via email.

I know. That's not what I'm asking...

Contrary to Ontarkie's stubborn insistence, this question is neither a duplicate nor in the wrong forum. The thread to which that question was wrongly merged asked when it's best to file AOS. The second question, the one linked, asks about whether/who to notify about moving. It was posted in the K1 forum, which is where it belongs. It doesn't belong in the K1 AOS forum because it doesn't ask anything about AOS.

Reality does not change by silencing those who reveal it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/5/2023 at 9:21 PM, Aelius said:

I just started the process of getting my long-form birth certificate and a police background check certificate. But is it fine to send my packet 3 checklist (along with DS-160 receipt and passport scan) while I wait for those two documents? I'm not sure if I'm required to actually have the documents before sending the checklist and eventually scheduling an interview. I figure since it'll probably be at least a month before the interview, that's plenty of time.

Worst case scenario, if I don't have the documents in time, I assume I can reschedule the interview, right?

Thanks!

Do so at your own risk. The checklist clearly states "By doing this, you acknowledge that you have gathered the required documents for each applicant, and that you will bring the originals and photocopies for your interview." Make sure your police certificate is requested under the Privacy Act.

You don't get to pick your date. If you reschedule, you may have to wait a while.h The Packet 4 email says "Your appointment has been scheduled as noted at the end of this letter. If you cannot

keep this date please notify this office immediately by email at: Montreal-IV-

DV@state.gov ... Please note that there are long wait times for rescheduling appointments."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.