badwolfxi

NVC Case Number Is The Wrong Embassy

87 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hello, please ready and advise:-

after waiting for 3 months to be scheduled for an interview (total 19 months)  at the consulate/ embassy; I, the US citizen petitioner, and another US citizen petitioner ( no relation whatsoever) received an emailed from the Immigrant Visa Unit with the subject line (Immigrant Visa Pre-Interview instructions) starting with “Dear Applicant, your immigrant visa interview appointment has been scheduled to be on xx-xxx-xxxx…etc”

- the email has no reference to my fiancée name or case number or the other man fiancée /spouse ; the entire email is generic with nothing specific.

-  Checking the CEAC y fiancée case status is READY.

- US travel docs indicate no appointment currently scheduled.

- I have emailed the embassy referencing their email asking for more information received no response –

to get her medical done and be where the interview at going to expenses going to run up to at least $3,000.00;

-  the clinic wants an appointment letter with her case number which we don’t have since the email is generic;

- beside how would she even get inside the embassy for the interview if she doesn’t have an appointment  letter with her case number or her name.

super frustrated time is running out we need to get medical within the next 3 days or we lose and if she travels to get it done spend the time  she might be turned down by the clinic and later by the embassy guards; what should we do?🤯

this is happening in Doha - Qatar

13 hours ago, Sal A. said:

Hello, please ready and advise:-

after waiting for 3 months to be scheduled for an interview (total 19 months)  at the consulate/ embassy; I, the US citizen petitioner, and another US citizen petitioner ( no relation whatsoever) received an emailed from the Immigrant Visa Unit with the subject line (Immigrant Visa Pre-Interview instructions) starting with “Dear Applicant, your immigrant visa interview appointment has been scheduled to be on xx-xxx-xxxx…etc”

- the email has no reference to my fiancée name or case number or the other man fiancée /spouse ; the entire email is generic with nothing specific.

-  Checking the CEAC y fiancée case status is READY.

- US travel docs indicate no appointment currently scheduled.

- I have emailed the embassy referencing their email asking for more information received no response –

to get her medical done and be where the interview at going to expenses going to run up to at least $3,000.00;

-  the clinic wants an appointment letter with her case number which we don’t have since the email is generic;

- beside how would she even get inside the embassy for the interview if she doesn’t have an appointment  letter with her case number or her name.

super frustrated time is running out we need to get medical within the next 3 days or we lose and if she travels to get it done spend the time  she might be turned down by the clinic and later by the embassy guards; what should we do?🤯

this is happening in Doha - Qatar

Hello!! I did not receive an email with my case number along with my name as the beneficiary. I only received the one that stated my interview. However, I still proceeded with the medical appointment. I printed the email that I got. Attached the email from NVC that my case is sent to Doha US Embassy and they accepted it. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kokopuff said:

Hello!! I did not receive an email with my case number along with my name as the beneficiary. I only received the one that stated my interview. However, I still proceeded with the medical appointment. I printed the email that I got. Attached the email from NVC that my case is sent to Doha US Embassy and they accepted it. 

This is the correct advice, we also printed out the email, actually asked them if the email printout would be okay and they said yes. Called the clinic and scheduled an appointment.

Timeline

thank you for the responses, i did email and asked but no response received from the embassy; however today checking case status on ceac.state.gov there was a change to "case last updated" and the date change to 19-Nov-2023 ( today date). not sure what's that even mean since the status is the same ( READY) and been ready since 12-Sep-2023. did we lose all this waiting time? if they updated the case what they have done if they did email us anything?

Timeline
14 hours ago, Sal A. said:

thank you for the responses, i did email and asked but no response received from the embassy; however today checking case status on ceac.state.gov there was a change to "case last updated" and the date change to 19-Nov-2023 ( today date). not sure what's that even mean since the status is the same ( READY) and been ready since 12-Sep-2023. did we lose all this waiting time? if they updated the case what they have done if they did email us anything?

What date did they set for your interview?

Timeline

The mystery email set her interview date to Dec-5th.

the updated the case again today thou.

its beyond me what is going on over there… today the Doha clinic insist that for the screening we should bring and email from the embassy with her case number instructing her to go to Doha clinic otherwise she can’t do her medical screening vacc.

this entire thing getting darker and darker

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sal A. said:

The mystery email set her interview date to Dec-5th.

the updated the case again today thou.

its beyond me what is going on over there… today the Doha clinic insist that for the screening we should bring and email from the embassy with her case number instructing her to go to Doha clinic otherwise she can’t do her medical screening vacc.

this entire thing getting darker and darker

That's not a "mystery email". That's your invitation from the embassy to go take your medical. Why are you saying this is dark? Print the email out, I'm sure there's your case number somewhere in the emails, print anything that has your case number, take all the obvious documents you have, schedule a medical appointment. Take the medical, then show up at the interview with medical results. Khalas.

Timeline

Well, the email like I said in my initial post do not have any reference to my fiancée or her case number; still I believe it to be her appointment date and time, however the Doha Clinic now pulling sideways insisting to see  an email that indicate her case number in the subject line and showing her appointment date and time. We were planning like you said attaching the K1-FTP to the appointment email and go. But it seems Doha clinic not going to accept that. This frustrating beyond my ability frankly I have purchased flight tickets for her to be there and for me to fly from the US to be over there and now the clinic wont accept what we have 🤯

And to top it off the embassy won’t respond our emails 

Edited by Sal A.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sal A. said:

Well, the email like I said in my initial post do not have any reference to my fiancée or her case number; still I believe it to be her appointment date and time, however the Doha Clinic now pulling sideways insisting to see  an email that indicate her case number in the subject line and showing her appointment date and time. We were planning like you said attaching the K1-FTP to the appointment email and go. But it seems Doha clinic not going to accept that. This frustrating beyond my ability frankly I have purchased flight tickets for her to be there and for me to fly from the US to be over there and now the clinic wont accept what we have 🤯

And to top it off the embassy won’t respond our emails 

On 11/18/2023 at 4:26 AM, Kokopuff said:

Timeline

Attach any and all info you have that your case is at the embassy, with name and case number, along with the emails. They will understand what you're there for and what they need to do.

Edited by badwolfxi

On 11/20/2023 at 8:30 AM, badwolfxi said:

Attach any and all info you have that your case is at the embassy, with name and case number, along with the emails. They will understand what you're there for and what they need to do.

On 11/20/2023 at 8:28 AM, badwolfxi said:

@Sal A. this is the best advice you can get given that I didn’t receive the email either. I did print my interview schedule email and K1-FTP mail and that’s all I took with me to Doha Clinic. All the best man and stop overthinking everything is gonna be ok

On 11/20/2023 at 8:34 AM, Sal A. said:

Thats the plan! I’m not giving up on December 5th… I’ve been waiting for her interview over 19 months now. Its getting hectic.

Doha embassy has there own Supporting documents checklist like the one attached here, make sure you don’t miss anything which is applicable to your case. Wish you all the best 

63BF5AE8-0776-4A42-A389-2A4FC9BBFE20.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.